Home Alone 2

Why 2? Because we, nephew Dhana and I, are home alone. Tante, who’d been babysitting him the past days, went home, left me the big house and the big kid to look after. It was fun though.
I went through a long journey from Ubud to arrive Mama’s house in the afternoon. A 6-hour journey. I could have flown from other part of the world with such length of time. Anyway, no complain. Just a fun observation. I had chance to listen to music during the 3.5 hours drive from Surabaya. I was just lucky to get a private taxi on Eid day to take me in the long journey.
I spent all afternoon chatting with Auntie and set up my command post in a low stage near the Internet modem. The spot has been my post since long. I could have my stuffs and projects close without invading others' way or space. And I could sit in the area for hours that Mama often asked what I’m doing actually. Even I could not break down what I do in the post. Anyway, it’s a nice spot in the house because of easy access to entertainment and food!
Dhana is a good boy (then and still). He continued doing what he and Mama used to do. For one, because he enjoyed preparing meal. That I like it very much because I don’t enjoy being in kitchen. We just agreed on the time to have meal then he would prepare. He cooked before dinner that I had to wait in hunger. No problem. It’s ketupat (rice cake) salad he said when I wondered what’s on his plate. He made use of my oleh-oleh from Bali: mayo, sauce, oil, mustard… Hm… taste nice.
We spent the evening walked around the house and did whatever we felt like to do. Watching DVD I brought, rummaging snack jars, discussing nonsense… It was fun! Do things without elders watching. Oh… am I supposed to be the one?
Picture of Mama’s house now with wrapped mangoes hanging.