Sunday, September 28, 2008

It’s layers.


Same resto? A friend was in disbelief learning that I had lunch in the same restaurant – always in the same restaurant when in Sanur – I had lunch yesterday. Same restaurant, same dish, different drink every time, same trip, same rhythm, same feeling, same me.

I just finished the book, The Memory Keeper’s Daughter. My friend is right – it’s a good book. I agreed about how good Edwards laying layer by layer of emotion that makes one’s secret. Secret that might affect one’s relationships with others. Secret that makes one’s life decision.

I observed my connection with people through online chat the past weeks. I didn’t have a long list of contacts and am always in invisible-mode. I’m not always in the mood for chatting so I’m careful not to put myself into a ‘not-good’ communication. I choose my connection with a person in my contacts carefully.

The book had reminded me about layers of emotions we have. Apart from slow Internet connection that often made a supposedly good communication became bad, no-emotion (or flat) sentences are not easy to handle for many. It seems. The other day when I shared my sister about a friend that left a turn taking suddenly, she asked What’s his problem? Yea, what’s his problem? I observed he often had a short circuit when chatted with me.

I blame no one for such a short circuit. I better asked myself What have I done? People respond to our behavior and nothing wrong with that. I know because I had observed my response to others too. If one takes easy, I would take easy. If one liked to cut a conversation, I don’t feel the need to attend the conversation seriously. If one engages in the conversation well, then I would do the same. Easy, no hard feeling.

Oh… Ya, I was talking about layers of emotions actually. Yea, again, it forms our response and us. I observe.

Picture of the same squirrel yesterday.