It’s there.

So far I enjoy each moment ‘as is’. A friend shared me his day. I feel the same about my day. I met lots of interesting people today. My choice. I didn’t feel like socializing the past months and particularly the past weeks after all the uncertain situations but I preferred to reach out today.
I hugged the Heritage chairwoman I met at the Heritage annual general meeting to welcome new season. I couldn’t believe I saw her in a very good shape like she’d never been through difficult times two months ago. She was nearly amputated because of flesh-eating bacteria she got while she was trekking in Papua. I heard from many people about who should responsible in the ‘accident’ that made my friend had to be in palanquin by herself with five men for three days and nights non-stop to get help. I was happy to find my friend looked happy as ever. Great woman she is who could say I still have two legs! happily. No bitterness.
I watched her giving lively presentation about what the Heritage had done and would do this season. I reflected my life the past weeks. Mama only left a little over than one week but I felt like it had happened weeks ago. I feel something shifting inside me. Although I was busied with people that I haven’t had time to be by myself but I could see myself coping the new situation well. I’m building a neutralizer inside myself. I’m a sensitive person and had realized that it could destroy my relationships with many. I start accepting whatever people throw at me by throwing back to other direction. Discard. It takes time to accept it ‘as is’ but I understand that people might have grudge and need a waste bin to lessen.
So I’m glad I’d pushed myself to go and meet old and new friends today. I could see how happy they were seeing me around again. That’s what I aimed – reconnect. I also spent half afternoon with my considered-new but old friends in their new business premises in a number one area. I learned from, as always, also admired those friends who are lucky to have so much extra to start a business with idealistic spirit. We need these kinds of people who were able to enjoy life as is so they appeared to be optimistic. It happens they have better chance to enjoy the ‘as is’ longer…
I enjoyed my time with my hair-stylist Pieter later in the afternoon. We agreed to cut my hair normal meaning symmetrical. A beautiful girl with nice long hair apparently looked unhappy with hers watched me with that look since I got a pretty short hair and apparently looked happier. I smiled. She’s still young.
Picture of frame to make lace on pina cloth in the Metropolitan Museum in Manila.