Sunday, September 7, 2008

It’s a new venture.


I had a good 8-hour straight sleep. Very rare and quite luxurious. I felt good in the morning. Been combating flu symptoms the past days, I felt fresh and healthy. I made pact with myself to stay calm and do things slowly. The house goodly needed ‘heavier’ cleaning after being empty for weeks. I just knew my ambition when it comes to cleaning so I was careful.

The good kick about doing things without delay is because my friend from Manila would come to visit tomorrow noon. I didn’t have choice but unpacking and cleaning the house slowly but making sure I got it done today. I would pick her up in airport before noon tomorrow and want to have nice morning before leaving.

I also cleaned up my Inbox that had started to keep several emails that need attention. Need attention because people had given me attention. I’m careful about this recently, I pay more attention because I value any relationship high. Every contact is precious.

So a new business venture I’m going to nurture with my friend who now lives in Manila. It all happened naturally. We met and started to talk about rough ideas and it’s her who had made a bigger kick to start trying out ‘our ideas’ by deciding to fly to Ubud all the way from the Philippines less than two weeks since we had discussion in Manila. Ideas has been developing on the way that leaves both of us with homework to do.

A friend questioned the business of the activity from my side. I understand the question very well because it had come to me too before I decided to lend my hands and brain in the venture. Actually, I see business in it. Nothing is free. I see it as a harder kick to realize my long time idea to start my own silver jewelry line by finding a partner to do. That’s a real kick! I don’t usually need a partner to materialize an idea but like my friend said two heads are stronger than one. I buy her idea.

So I look forward to having an adventure with my friend. She’s been excited since made air ticket booking. She thanked me for joining her in the adventure while I also thanked her for asking me. We might have been designed to work together in this line.

I feel much healthier just by thinking of it…

Picture of an ad I took from a magazine. It describes all the spirit in the business.