It’s different.

Now I know the difference between staying home on the weekends and on the weekdays. On weekend, I refused to work. On weekdays, although it’s the same quiet, I felt like I had to work. So I worked on Tuesday. I felt not-good when I took time to read. I whipped myself to finish two big items (out of 3.5 items). I didn’t have choice but to finish an item from Museum Nasional. Actually, like often, I know that I could finish a work in no time once I dipped myself into it.
Yesterday I spent time before noon checking out shops in the neighborhood with my good friend. It’s been a week since we had lunch together. We walked to our favorite warung to have very early lunch. I was hungry that my friend was so surprised observing my appetite. Me too was surprised actually. By noon we had finished our meeting. We giggled discussing what kind of life we are having. We live like millionaire: no work, no debt, everything just fine.
So when I found the book a friend is reading, A 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss, I bought right away. I was curious. It took time for me to understand his message about less work-hour, more money. For one, he is such a talented young boy. He was only 30 when he wrote the book. He holds world records in tango. He is an MTV break-dancer. He is champion in kickboxing. He stars on some hit TV series in China and Hong Kong. He speaks at least four languages. He is a guest lecturer in Princeton University, a researcher, a TV host, an activist, a shark diver, and a motorcycle racer. He is definitely a special person.
Okay, I could not comment more because I haven’t made progress in reading. I’m still in Step I of the book. His long list of achievements haunts me in such a way. He must have all the privileges to cut work-hour but earn much more. I have some talents but I don’t have a list of achievements. Am I a special person like him? I need time to get his ideas about how to do things his way. I believe his personality also plays a major role in his success. Hm…
Today I shopped for Mama’s 40th day and Papa’s 15th year commemoration favors. It happens both fall on the same day next week. It took me a while before I got an idea of what to share with people who had showed care and attention to Mama and Papa in the past to now.
I will do my best…
Picture of two doves on top of my neighbor’s roof.