Recharge me please..

It was raining hard in the morning. I hesitated to get up. It’s so good listening to rain while lying in bed. No no… I need to get up.
I had planned to leave early to Pallava but what could I do? It was raining so hard that I could not ask Ngurah with his motorbike to pick me up. Pak Ana was still in garage until noon. I decided to continue packing which I had started last night. I had many stuffs to pack, after two weeks yes. I classified dirty laundry so I don’t have to take all to Jakarta, local outfits go to local laundry. I was done with that before 9:00. I went online for a while and walked around the house.
After in – out the past two months, Ubud House is more home to me now with decoration I had started to collect. Old textile, old utensils, funky pop-art,… I have told myself to only buy things in Bali so I can contribute a little to the economy. Well, of course I also have some from other islands. And, every time I stood by stove in the kitchen, I enjoy a spot where I could view my bale (gazebo) in the garden. Especially after rain like this morning, all looked green and healthy. Hm.. in short. I love Ubud House.
Enough. Pak Ana will pick me up in half an hour. I walked lazily out of house going to Pallava. Lazy is not a good spirit. I felt idea-less when I got in Pallava. Somehow I knew that I need to do something. I guided Ngurah to pack my stuffs into two boxes. I read about shabby chic while waiting. It’s an interesting idea of Rachel Ashwell. It gives me idea to start establishing shabby chic shop in little Frangipani (a space connecting to the main shop). Hm.. Although I still dream to have a shop with such concept in Ubud but maybe I better start small in the premise I already own to get the feeling. That’s how I got the feeling of necklace business last year. After one year, I know how things go with necklace that actually people don’t specially come to a shop to buy accessories. Buying necklace is impulsive. Of the experience, the way I do now with ‘door-to-door’ works very well. Ladies like to impulsive shopping behind closed door. No one watch :-) But what about my homework in Pallava? I delegated to Ngurah. I told him what to do this and that and…
I visited Ganesha bookshop, my favorite bookshop in Ubud. It has lots of nice cultural book. This is my way to recharge my boredom. I bought some books about Ubud and Bali. I need to equip myself more with knowledge about Bali. I also bought books for friends, cultural friends. It’s so nice to be able to share nice and rare things. I got out the bookshop with heavy plastic bags. Yes, I shopped a lot. Again.
Now I’m in Dragonfly again. Checking out emails, recharging battery, having lunch and coffee, chatting with Pien, blogging, internet banking,… It’s still drizzling and bad traffic out there. I plan to walk to Pak Ana’s post near Casa Luna now. I have some errands to run before wrapping up my last day in Ubud. I leave early tomorrow morning. Back to Jakarta without ticket in hands. A new challenge awaits…
Photo of my bale from kitchen taken this morning.