Carried Away

I slept even better last night. I could sleep six hours straight, uninterrupted. That’s now, after two weeks sleeping in Ubud House. I really like observing my sleep. It’s not an issue for me but it’s just nice to know that I can sleep more than four hours. Not many people understand how I operate with four hours sleep although I look pretty well in such mode. So, that’s me in the morning. Fresh and happy.
I didn’t expect to get internet connection this morning but things come with the least expectation. I worked without delay. I still had one and a half articles to finish. Before 9:00 I submitted one article but then the power was out. First time I experienced in Ubud House. My battery was only 19% left. I turned off computer and got myself ready. I had to go to Dragonfly again.
It’s funny when I got in Dragonfly at 11:00, same persons were already there. We exchanged smile helplessly. Okay, now we know that we all have business in Bali. It was a nice morning with weak sun. I finished and sent the last article in no time. I had lunch while installing the new Yahoo messenger that took surprisingly long. It’s a large file, good that I decided to download in this free hotspot. Fast and… cheap.
What lesson I got today? I got a reminder from Vic when I told him how good my life here. He reminded me not to forget to create, or simply… earn money. He said that many of his friends forget to make money after they live in Bali. Life is too good, too many nice things, and hard to cage the appetite to shopping. That’s very true. It got me thinking. Yes, it’s been long since I made necklace. But my two shops sell… Ah that’s an excuse..
But yes. The past few days I’m thinking a lot about starting a small business with all “about me”, my idea, my “hands”. I have to start considering to work with craftsmen that I could find easily in Bali. I am lazy but I could easily feel envious (in a positive way) when I observe an authentic shop. Like one I just found recently in Ubud. It has a signature, very neat, creative, original, and reasonable. And on top of that, it attracts a lot of people because of the originality. I felt shameful when the shop-attendant told me so when I asked how’s business in the area and if she knows vacant space around. She said I can have a successful shop if I have something “new” to offer. I could not agree more…
So that’s what I learned the past few days living in Bali. I might not be productive the past weeks but I learn something through my observation. I have something to discuss with Benny and others. I’m excited again now…
Oops… been four hours in Dragonfly. Emails like pouring in (because I send of course). I need to move now after banana lassi, avocado and prawn salad, lime juice, and mango sherbet. I haven’t plan my rest of evening but… tomorrow is my last day in Ubud. And, again, I haven’t done anything for Pallava. Aaarghh…
Photo of Dragonfly's front door.