Our Lucky Day

Last night I slept early because my computer screen went black again. It seems that I have to be ready with such incident again and again considering the age of my computer. I’m thinking too fast, I cannot wait, so after using 3-4 programs at the same time the computer runs wild. It goes black right after the system stops. I don’t know.. I should consider ‘something’.
It was scary early morning. I was awoken around 1:15. My glass windows rattled loudly. It took me awhile to realize that it’s earth quake. I looked out windows but only saw dark. Nothing was moving. I decided to get up and carried flash light to stairs. I waited while observing the thatched roof. My mind was blank. I didn’t have idea what’s happening. The rattle sounded terrible maybe because of the glass. I believe it’s more than two minutes since I got up till the shake stopped. I was so worried, that’s when I felt what Mama feels about living by herself. The unpredictable. No one to run to. I walked back to bed and lied down quietly while staying alert still. Strange feeling.
I checked the news in the internet when I got up. It’s harder in Jakarta. I only had short morning so I ran downstairs and started to decorate house. Mama liked to tell me not to leave house like storage: messy and cold because no warm decoration. I had kept the house clean and simple because I didn’t stay the whole time. Also, it was damp because of humidity last month. Anyway, I tidied the living area and left my bedroom messy because I didn’t have time. I had to be at Pade’s shop in the dot of 9:00. We were going to have picnic in his villa project.
It was a perfect day. We are both sensitive Ubud-ian who operate with mood. We had a good mood this morning. He was ready in his chair, wearing silver cuff specially to greet me he said, and off we went. We shopped for plants first. He had wanted me to contribute a plant in his garden for he wants to have ‘memento’ from all of his good friends (that can make his garden a Jurassic park then). I could not decide because I don’t have knowledge about plant. I don’t want to give him an ordinary, or… too cheap plant ha ha. But he could not come up with a name either. So we had discussed the matter for months now.
Glad he was excited about kelapa sawit (Elaeis guineensis). He really likes the tree. I asked him to check the price. Kelapa sawit is expensive but the size he liked fits my budget so I told him to take that as my memento. He danced with joy. He wants to take picture of me and the plant but of course he has to wait for a few days for them to deliver. It’s a huge plant. Going out of the vendor, we both danced with joy. I had done my part and we considered ourselves lucky: he gets what he wants and I fulfill what he wants. My dear forever friend.
He likes to dream us sitting under big trees in his property sipping coffee and gossiping. We visualize even for us to do 20 years from now. But we also did today. We had plastic mat on the third terrace of his villa with coffee in take-away cups and apple turnover we both like, looking at greens and nice Bali view. He looked at me and said for the hundredth times Life is good. I enjoyed watching him more than his project. He’s excited telling me his plans: where to put what, how, who, when,… We moved the mat at least six times to avoid direct sunlight that we both turned tanned eventually. It was really fun.
Pade visited my house for the first time on the way back. We dropped off the plants I bought. And when he looked at my bedroom, he said What a messy girl’s bedroom. I better not defended myself, I agreed. Again, I remember Mama. Do not leave house like mess because you never know who would come over. That proves true.
It was after lunch in Pallava when I got very good news about my investment. I could not believe myself. I asked my account manager again and again if this is true. I bless every now and then the bank had chosen her for me. She is so caring and attentive. I would not gain that much without her dedication and commitment to her job. Her challenge is to satisfy her clients, she said. She makes it. She is professional. Two thumbs up. It makes my day because I also found a way to help Pak Pugeg who came to see me in the morning. I care for him.
I was in the sky for the rest of the day. I asked Pak Ana to come to pick me up and off we went shopping. He is another good-sent. I always feel that he is an above-standard person. He is super nice. And today he shared me his early love story that makes us agree about one thing: to be a good person saves us. I always believe in that. Our life is good because we do our best for ourselves with commitment and good value.
I’m really happy and agree with a friend who said that I'm overflow. I am.
Photo of my dear Pade and my memento.