Filling Up Holes

I got up at 4:00. I did my ritual: finishing a blog post and reading. Again, Sharma shared me a point to ponder, reflect, and discuss. I’m glad that I had unintentionally followed his advice to be an early riser to do some internal works – to get connected with the best within self by enlarging our thinking, sharpening our life’s philosophy, or reviewing our goals (page 136). He suggests us to build our systems, rituals, to be the best. I’m glad I have similar rituals he has: have enough exercise (he exercises a lot), music, reading great books, weekly meetings with inspirational friends (that I need to do also with my staffs), and writing daily journal (blogging in my case).
This morning I reflected why some men need extra relationships. I don’t remember how I got the idea but I discussed the issue with Rad and Mbo yesterday. I came to a conclusion that a man who practices has holes in life that he needs to fill up. He needs other (read: extra partner) to keep him company because facing the life holes himself is too frightening. Like one who is addicted to smoke, drugs, and alcohol uses the tools to help him/her to escape for a while from life challenge.
While men think they are sexy if they are adventurous, I could agree and not agree (depends on what kind of adventure they make). Men are sexy if they have big brain to adventure life in other ways than chasing women or creating extra relationships to get a mini getaway. I agree that we all have holes in life from past experiences but the tricky part is how to fill up the life holes with doing something (I won’t label it positive or negative) that won’t hurt loved ones. Be it shopping, creating artwork, traveling, writing, singing out loud,… anything that doesn’t hurt others is best.
Yesterday Rita said to me with her beautiful eyes looking straight to my eyes Dear, your life has changed. It does. I jokingly replied It’s because you were away too long. But of course she understands that I have filled my life holes well. I’m building a business, creating many kinds of artwork, connecting with more positive people, traveling more,… I make myself happy without hurting anybody and that makes me more happy. So that’s my point. Wow… what a point to ponder this morning?
I better start my morning exercise now. It’s already 8:12.
What a good time I had with Rita. Been away for four months, Rita missed our one-on-one chat so we set the time to meet today. I always enjoy solid time with a very special friend. Rita is a good story teller and listener as well, so we are perfect match. She told stories, I told stories. An hour became five hours, what could we say? Alan had to wait at home :-)
It drained me a bit, emotionally, but I’m glad I had shared her all she deserves to know. She is my good friend since I knew her seven years ago, she had followed me in ups and downs. And as I had begun my new path, she is happy for me. It had inspired her to do more for her life. She wants to reduce the ha-ha time and take up a language this year, and Italian is the first choice. It reminds me of Eat, Pray, Love. Many women like Italian, it does sound sexy. She is happy for me, so am I for her.
Nothing is better than filling up holes with a good cause.
Photo of a pura in Kadewatan.