Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Still One Head


I just got idea to put my name card in each pouch necklace I sell. The idea is based on my experience. When I buy something often I don’t intentionally keep the designer’s name card but later when I like it very much and want to see more of the product, I might have lost the contact. In such case, a name card becomes important.

I combined going to digital printer with getting haircut. It’s still over 10:00 when I made a few modifications of the name card. I wanted to make it a bit different than the name card but I had no choice because they had no red paper. I had to use name card color then. I waited for them to print. It took only minutes to modify and print.

But then the girl told me that my green paper is out of stock. Hm again.. This is like resetting appetite from salad to sandwich. Soo difficult and uncomfortable. Forget about having a corporate color, with my life style now I prefer to use available color instead, less headache. I stared at the paper book and selected three options. This time I decided to use two heads to decide. It would be nice to use other’s head sometimes.

I sent text message to a good friend who knows my personality and business. It’s perfect, only I sent it to a very busy person so… I only had 8 minutes before left for my haircut appointment. Under normal circumstance I would choose black letter on pale beige paper but I needed something different. I considered white paper (because the other was grey – too ‘office’) and hoped the other head told me the same.

My cellphone alarm went off. My time to leave. I told the staff I chose black letter on white paper. I had made up my mind without second head. Why white? It’s me, it’s strong, ..end of the world (actually I heard an Italian clothing designer said so to Fashion TV this morning – not my original quote). But yes, I chose white because I’m a black-and-white person – personality and clothing :-) And it looks modern too!

I got the reply 20 minutes later. Pale beige.

I waited one client before my turn at Pieter’s. Pieter said that she owns a well-known hotel in Yogya and came to Jakarta half day only to get haircut. Don’t tell me I would do the same after I move to Ubud :-)

Yes, I came with significantly long hair for a short hair after two months. Pieter was pleased to see that. He hid smile when I asked him to cut it real short. I continued reading while checking out the progress some times. Almost two hours later (amazingly complicated to cut a very short hair), he laughed out loud when I thought that it’s not short enough.

Before I knew, he finished his project – my hair. He took a lot of pictures even before I checked the back! He’s so happy with the result. He found a perfect victim for his creation: round head, thick hair, funky personality. It’s strange I know: long and short in one head. Still one head..

Photo of my head :-)