Friday, May 18, 2007

No Time


I’m supposed to go to Yogya this weekend to attend the opening of Affandi Festival to commemorate the 100th year. I committed to attend and cancelled a few days later. I could not do. I was emotionally drained after Bali trip that I could not face my relatives in Yogya. Even I refused to chat with them while I was in Bali. I know now, do one at a time.

This morning I turned down nicely an offer to help Museum Basuki Abdullah to revamp. I wish I had the luxury to join the creative team. I didn’t join Heritage creative pool and now I’m still trying to find someone who can replace me translating hundreds of old negatives labels for Museum Nasional.

Prioritize. I laid out my plan to live more in Ubud this morning and got a good result. I planned it based on life budget I made last night. There are times in life when we really have to sit and lay out a master life-plan. Defragment. I need to do more but feel that I could do better in Ubud, more focused.

Now I understand that time is precious. I understand more, I mean. I missed some friends’ email, I missed chatting foolishly over phone, I missed strolling in mall (no not really). Someday my friends might miss me too as I don’t have 24/7 internet connection, or I won’t be in Jakarta most of the times. I feel funny to change life rhythm in my age now. I use narrow opportunity to grow!

I spent all morning working on my half finished necklaces from Hess. She is going to the US for three weeks tomorrow so our ‘drug dealing’ will stop for a while. I was not productive in fixing toggles. So strange because other days I could fix it in less than 5 minutes but not today. Maybe I need to do it on my idle time – not one that cramped with planning. Hardly had time to think :-)

Photo of painting by Sadu, Bali.