All Spiders Great and Small

I could not do much last evening. I was sleepy before 21:00. I tried to sleep but it took time in a new bed with bedding below my smell standard :-) – I put my emergency Bali sarong to survive the night. I had the fan (no aircon here) on so it’s a bit noisy on wooden floor. Actually I didn’t know whether I need it till I awoke midnight chilled. I crawled to turn off the fan and picked up blanket from downstairs. I slept well till morning. I’m happy to know that I don’t need aircon here.
I wore tee and shorts, and started working in kitchen. It was quite early, I saw Pak Pugeg sweeping the garden. He was surprised to see me ‘bathing’ the kitchen. Yes, I wiped the tile, fridge, and stove. It was black! I was not wrong, it’s clean in the surface or it looked clean.
I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of work I should do because every corner needed my touch. I knew that. I called Ngurah and Pak Agung to come to help. They also brought an old long table from Pallava for my desk. I asked Pak Agung to wipe clean the windows upstairs while I did downstairs. I gave 10 pieces of cushion covers plus my mosquito net to Ngurah to put in professional laundry, then I put all cushions under hot morning sun in verandah.
I was amazed by dust and dirt around house. I found many many spiders, all sizes, tiny to giant. I wondered if this house ever be cleaned. They must have thought the house was still clean. I believe they hardly swept the floor either. I wiped clean the wooden seats and tables. I just hope that’s not dust accumulated in two weeks only because I don’t want to face same amount of dust two weeks from now. It’s… too much!
I changed a bit of my bedroom layout. It looks more spacious now. And it took about four hours for Pak Agung to finish window and floor cleaning in my bedroom upstairs. I dismissed him lunch time – a bit late though. We promised to meet again tomorrow morning to do first floor. I had done first floor but only wiping the furniture and sweeping the floor. I need same treatment for the windows and floor. I haven’t touched the bathroom, I was too tired and bathroom can wait :-)
I considered the house cleaning done after I put a new kilim in my bedroom and little knick-knack on some tables. I treated myself an afternoon out after the cleaning. I had lunch in a warung on my way to Mbok Yan’s place. Nice bee-hoon and papaya juice. I had pedicure with Mbok Yan and long chat about life and business. It’s always fun to know more about what people do. And later, she was kind to take me on her motorbike to downtown Ubud checking out space for business. The trip gives me idea about what to do.
It’s in my plan I bought some stones to make necklace. It happens the shop I used to go in Seminyak has outlet in Ubud. It’s good that the outlet has different selection. I bought some strands to give me something to do tomorrow and half Monday before home. I don’t allow myself to shop more in Legian. I have enough for 2-3 batches at home.
I had early dinner at Tutmak by Ubud soccer field, my favorite place. Ubud could surprise me both ways: too expensive or too cheap. I spent less than USD 5 for both meals I had today and USD 1.5 for laundering 10 pieces of cushion covers! Good meal! And later I stopped by a very nice shop. It gives me a lot of idea for Pallava and my future shop. Very nice shop! So I was happy to walk towards home. Pak Ana had waited for me in his post in front of Casa Luna after I bought few groceries. I feel convenient with Ubud friends and services. It’s their friendships that count!
What a nice day I have! This house is more homy and I really feel… I’m home.