Auto Pilot is Off
My hand reminds me of the importance to be more aware of what I do. Yes, the one that got burn in shower when I was in Ubud. It becomes itchy the last two days that I had to take allergic pill to stop but I feel I still need to see dermatologist to know why. I don’t like to be in a situation like this but what can I do? Sometimes life offers us unexpected issue.
I had light lunch at Coffee Bean again today. I missed my favorite Chinese chicken salad the last two visits. They hadn’t chopped the veggie and today they said that they didn’t have lettuce. Hm. I’m almost sure the salad would be eliminated from menu soon. Well, that’s not what I hope to happen but things happen :-)
Thinking about what to eat is not my favorite thing to do. I hate it especially if it involves in something totally different than what I previously had in mind. Today I had to have sandwich instead. Grr… I thought about it for awhile while waiting for my tuna sandwich to come. Things happen to remind us. My burn reminds me to be out of auto pilot. My lost Chinese chicken salad reminds me that nothing is eternal.
Anyway, I got some nice responses to my bazaar e-flyer I sent two days ago. Peggy even wants to see them all before the bazaar. It sounds like Hess :-) I’m happy to serve her though. I would send all tomorrow morning as I won’t do anything with it till Wednesday. It’s just nice to grab any opportunity to market my ‘art’.
I have funny feeling about the urge to create necklace. I have a batch of new material I brought from Bali but haven’t had time to actually sit and create; and that bothers me! I spent the past three days finishing and taking stock; and running errands today. I miss my aloneness in creating. I agree with Winkler that creating art (painting, drawing, making necklace, and many) is a total lonely activity. We discuss and debate inside ourselves to decide what we are going to create; what color, what hue, how big, what else, which beads,… And I must confess that I really enjoy my time alone with my creative thought :-)
I hope I would have time to create this evening. I need to see dermatologist now to check my hand. I don’t want to be late to treat the burn. My skin is precious. Very.. as other things in my life. I would never take things for granted.
Photo of an installation-painting at Sika Gallery in Ubud.