Saturday, May 5, 2007

Enjoy the Moment


Friday, May 4

I slept well that I was so grateful to have a nice fresh morning. Sleeping in a new bed is like gambling, I would never know what would happen in the morning. I was lucky. I spent an hour writing and decided to go to beach before sun full rising.

I didn’t bring shorts so I wore Bali sarong and tank-top. It’s a nice short walk across small street to reach the beach. I felt new. I don’t remember the last time I actually walked on a beach and dipped my feet in salty water. So nice to enjoy moon and water at the same time.

I walked and walked while dipping my feet deeper and deeper in the water. I was thinking to wet myself but I had cloth bag with camera and cellphone. How I wanted to jump into wave like the Bali dogs :-) They were cute to do that while running happily along the beach. So many dogs, big and small. Many Balinese took a walk and foreigners jogged.

I met Nien later. She walked slowly and obviously preoccupied, it took time for me to get her attention. We walked together another hour; picking shells and watching old men digging hermit crabs for soup. It’s a very nice morning.

We stuffed our bags into small Suzuki car we rented. It’s my driver in Ubud. Five of us squeezed ourselves to sit comfortably in short trip to Legian to drop off Peng and I. The rest went to Pasifika Museum in Nusa Dua and Jenggala ceramic in Jimbaran on the way back.

To be frank, I felt nauseous since last night but I didn’t want to think about (or to blame on) anything I ate before. Jean and Peng had a bad time all night with bloated tummy and nausea. They felt better in the morning. We came to conclusion that the Balinese snack we had in the afternoon was the culprit.

I felt a bit weak after breakfast. It’s good in a way since I lost appetite to shop while waiting for Peng to shop. Well, I managed to make a necklace with old beads I bought in next door shop. I made a necklace because I forgot to wear ha ha.. It’s a nice creation though :-)

Peng and I walked to Warung Made and made a few stops. We ran out of battery. I had no appetite to eat. Later when Nien, Lindy, and Jean joined; we agreed that we don’t need more food till end of the month. We had too much already, we missed our simple food at home.

We shopped more together. We had a good time trying many clothes in a batik shop owned and designed by an Austrian lady. Nice shop, reasonable price. I could not help myself buying two skirts and a huge batik tote bag in pale grey. I have broken my rule. I shopped. Well, I also bought an old Balinese bangle :-)

After checking out a timber shop in Kerobokan we head airport. We checked in late and I managed to get a seat in earlier flight. I better challenged Jakarta traffic then arrived later and wandering around Bali airport. Peng was in bad shape, I better sent her to bed in Ubud soon.

My holiday is over. Real life is waiting… I have enjoyed my moment.