Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Sow more…


I know. That’s what I thought when I read again my yesterday post. It’s very me, a lot of things I want to do like I don’t focus on one goal. I was still hot with plan to take yoga teacher course when I started biggie jewelry, then the idea of having a yoga studio in Ubud came up, and more about designing male accessories. And yesterday I sow more by having an idea to set up a library – at least one – in Penestanan, Ubud. I pulled all strings to operate at the same time, it seems…

That’s how I work on my ideas. Explore many things and realize them one by one, like many things in life. I’m not a kind of person who can focus on one and realize it, then another one, and another one – in order. I believe that every item has its own timing so I work on the one that is due first.

I know Pak Abdullah – a silversmith in Malang – long time ago. I bought a lot of silver beads from him in the past with dream to start jewelry business sometime soon at that time. It takes more than 3 years before I started to materialize the idea two weeks ago. This morning I dug my treasure and found silver beads I bought from him. I also know a Balinese silversmith last year and keep the contact until I needed him two weeks ago to work on my pendant creation. I worked on simple ideas from past that come out one by one to be done.

Setting up a library? I had the idea because I know some people with a reasonable idle time in Ubud and Pejeng. I don’t worry about the place too because Balinese usually have nice compound with idle space. All I need to do is talking to the persons to get information about the community, maybe help them to build simple infrastructure (bookshelves, low tables, floor mat, administration), then contact 1001buku to put the library under its network. It sounds simple but it has to sound simple, I feel, so we are not afraid to initiate the idea.

Today I’m going to pull another string… Cleaning my treasure to start creating. One more to reap soon..

Photo of my silver beads before cleaning.