Monday, April 30, 2007

Mood Uplifting


I slept short last night. I wrote till 1:30, I thought it’s still a few minutes past midnight, I forgot that I’m in Bali. I stopped writing and slept straight away but I awoke before 5:00 local time. It must be my bio-clock that pushed me to open eyes. I gave up. I got up before 6:00 and here I am..

I spent all morning in the internet finishing my blog-post, replying, and sending emails. I continued to do email-marketing to keep my business going even though I’m not in Jakarta. That’s the power of internet – accessible 24/7.

I went to Legian after noon time. I needed to buy Hess beggar bags (she liked what I have for necklaces – very India), shop silver beads, and pick up my stone I left in the shop yesterday. I had pretty long lunch with reading at Warung Made, same place every time. Sun was very bright that I felt sleepy and longed to close eyes (not necessarily sleeping).

I was not chatty this morning although I was not gloomy. I had weak smile – less energy :-) The Balinese guy who helped me out two weeks ago didn’t recognize me. I lost my blu tail and powerful smile. It took time for him to recall. Again, that’s the power of being powerful. That’s what SUS told me yesterday about getting into museum just before the closing time. She said Just give them a big smile, they would not mind to let us staying longer. She is right!

I had no choice but back to hotel with the stone. It’s big and heavy, I had to hold it in both hands. It’s perfect. I needed a time off for a while. A hotel-spa brochure caught my attention. Take a short nap while being massaged must be nice. Hm.

They asked me to choose the massage oil: mood uplifting (smell okay), mind balancing (smell like mint), muscle relaxing (smell like peanut), and sensual (could not figure out the smell but was afraid of the effect). In safer side, I chose mood uplifting. It’s just perfect for me this time. I saw moon was almost full last night at Amanusa hotel. It’s good that it doesn’t make me anxious / aggressive so far :-) It lowers my mood though hoo hoo..

Anyway, I felt refreshed after the massage. I was asleep a few minutes only, I preferred to enjoy the massage. Actually it didn’t do anything to my body because I didn’t need massage :-) but of course I felt fresh to walk briskly to catch sun went down by Kuta beach. I had salad and garlic bread when sun disappeared and almost full moon showed in stead.

I stayed longer after dining to enjoy the air. I love Bali (although Kuta area is not my favorite). I walked briskly back to hotel. On the way, I fetched 4 nighties that I tried to avoid to buy but I need more than two in a trip. I only have two whites now. Whatever excuse, I was not supposed to shop!

Well, I take it as part of my mood uplifting program :-)

Photo of my travel companion, orange carry-all bag.