D.I.Y.

I slept very early last night. I could not keep my eyes open longer than 22:00. I gave up, I slept. I slept lightly for awhile before got up around 5:10. It was a good morning with a lot of ideas. I was eager to start finishing my necklaces that the initial plan was for Komang to finish. I decided not to take those necklaces to Bali realizing that she could not finish all 30 overnight. 4 of them consist of 20 strands each with small silver beads in between, lots of work obviously.
I made a right decision. I learned from Do It Yourself / D.I.Y. today. I remember what Mama liked to tell me when I was kid to always do myself so can know more. In today’s case: I know the trick to make it neat, what type of clasp is good for necklace, what to do when make mistake,… It's perfect because I learned about cost conscious concept / CCC in Ubud yesterday. It’s time for me to start calculating cost with the concept, I’m in business (ya ya I know the theory but it was not in me from the start). I feel that I become more creative when applying CCC and more patient of course :-)
It’s a hot and humid day. Two aircons on didn’t help to cooling the air. I let myself wet sweaty then. I felt good like I had good sport that I have missed several days. I made significant progress though. I finished the batch, except 3 necklaces that need manual drill to make larger hole. That’s fine, I can do later. Hess has waited for the necklaces to be sent to her place along with the one she bought and needed simple alteration. Great!
I’m happy with my D.I.Y. day. I also made my D.I.Y day complete, I cut my blu tail myself!! Last night after shampooing, I felt that my blu tail looked ugly worn already. This afternoon I could not stand it anymore. I checked the construction and decided to D.I.Y. cut my well-known blu tail. I could not wait till tomorrow to go to my stylist to get a ‘professional’ cut. Anyway, that makes my day... perfectly D.I.Y! :-)
Photo of canang offering at Indus on Sarasvati day last Sunday.