The King's Witch

There are times when all negatives come to surface. I felt like coming home from a fabulous party and found life is not as colorful.
It’s Saturday with no plan. I started my morning slowly, checking out unfinished blog-post and suddenly the feeling pouring. Chiko is still unwell if I cannot say worsen. He looks weaker every day so we stopped putting him in cage to let him live with us. He slept by the staff’s bedroom door the whole day. And this morning I saw him sleeping in his favorite places: the Sumio’s bench and on top of microwave (as shown in photo taken today). It came to me that I am powerless and have no clue of what is happening to him. What would be the end?
I felt like my positive energy was drawn out. Suddenly ‘negative’ feelings filled my thought. How I longed for a friend, how I regretted thing I said, how the laundry bogs me down, how I should handle my staffs,.. The uncertainty, the missing, the incapable feeling, the wrong decision,.. And more coming; NIE called that she didn't have driver to take her to music show this evening, I missed a should-be-nice call, LIN told me that FRA had electricity problem that burned the meter,.. It’s good that it happened in the morning when LIN was there. But nothing is ever good because incident is always unpredictable.
I sat in yoga mat trying to calm down the energy. I felt much better after half an hour exercise plus ‘light’ meditation. My half day has just passed. I still have hope for better in the second half. 12:53
I pushed myself to go out. I went to ticket box buying ticket for the evening show, Tony Prabowo music at TIM. I was on and off but NIE kept asking me since last week, I gave in this afternoon when she checked on me again. Ya, I should go. It’s a rare chance to watch The King's Witch in Indonesia although he is orang Malang. He performed more in the U.S.
They gave an extra show today. The first 30 minutes was show of a new piece of his work, like “single” in an album. Very nice piece with four violinists. I liked the lighting, the dancer and dancing, the animation projected to the sheer curtain,.. Like ‘dreaming’. The 20 minutes intermission after the piece was a bit too long. NIE and I just wandered the hall.
The real piece, The King’s Witch, took three years to compose (for 30 minutes show in NY and 50 minutes in Indonesia). The stage was simple and modern. The dancing was also nice. I enjoyed it very much. It’s a real contemporary opera. Short with quality, like abstract painting.
My second half day was not bad at all. Thank to NIE who had kicked me otherwise I might have ended up staying at home drowned in my negativity :-)