Holiday, My Way
Like Eid, I don’t think much about holiday this year end. I feel like to conclude this inactive year by staying inactive. I might be inactive outside but I was and still am active inside. I even discovered some new aspects of life. I found it good to be inactive for a period of time to make different in some ways for the next.
I miss Ubud very much but heavy rain must not be fun. Singapore and KL are flooded. Colorado blizzard. London fog. Camping at home is better than camping in hotel or – worse – in airport. Finally this year, I managed to tie myself down after trying the last five years.
My nephew, DHA, will spend Christmas week in my house. He flies on Sunday. Good that I had decided to work on decluttering this week because I know I would have different activities with DHA around. I may have to take him to run his errands – parts that Mama could not do. Ah Mama will have holiday next week :-)
I’m happy now that I finally call decluttering project in work area, living and dining rooms finish. I was lazy yesterday although I knew the last little parts I should do had bogged me down. That became my first in to-do-list this morning. One hour was all I needed. Procras! Now I should practice Mama’s two mantras: don’t put it off and put it back to keep sacred space tidy.
I’m going out today, my last two days before sharing year-end week with DHA. Mingle, see the world, and expand the horizon. I’m going to buy some boxes (again) and see cousins in UB stall in an office building (that I haven't gone since Tuesday!). I will enjoy holiday ‘season’, my own way.
Photo of Santa deco I bought for xmas cake last year.