Cut It Out
I had nice rest of the day. It turned out to be a very good afternoon and not-so-nice evening because I caught in bad traffic for 1.5 hours (for normal 25 minutes drive) after picking up cousins.
I went to buy boxes again to organize active junk mails but RAD could not have lunch (only later after I finished errands), so I tried to arrange other activity that made my trip to the mall worthwhile. I got PIET to cut hair at 12:00! It's very surprising that I could be his first client of the day. It seemed that no one booked him that ‘early’.
I made a good choice in the right moment. I realized that I also needed further decluttering in the body, I chose haircut before colon cleaning :-) As usual, PIET was happy to see his victim. He browsed some Japanese magazines quickly before started to work. He always did to get ideas of style for the moment. He told me that he had made commitment to self to give me different look every time I come. Of course, but in consequence, I have to be ready to have shorter and shorter hair. My hair grows fast but six weeks length is still limited for a hairdresser to create something really different.
But PIET never failed me. Could not find what he wanted to show me, he just started to cut. He said I cut you your style. He could not cut fast this time because hair was too short to be cut with blade – his style. He had to sculpt bit by bit with two different scissors. It took him almost an hour to sculpt such a short hair. He giggled a lot when I kept reminding him to cut it shorter than before. I hardly saw the progress because of my wet hair still looked sticking out long.
He was right. My hair is much shorter than the last cut in early November. My neck is totally bare now. It looked sooo good in wet. We laughed out loud to see the very short hair that didn’t look short when being cut. I asked him how he knew that’s the length and style he intended to create. He smiled. I just knew.
I enjoyed observing him styling my new hair. He said that he would be happy to style my hair every day if we were neighbors. Some other staffs started to stop by and admire his creation. I know them long time, they saw me in many lengths and styles. They thought that very short style is the best for me. I could not agree more. They are right. I lose cheeks and short hair is the best answer to cut my age :-)
Before left, I hugged PIET and WS (they are business partners) to greet them happy holidays. They are my brothers, we know each other too well.