Flal Itno Palces
On Saturday, I thought Sunday was Monday. It’s confusing because I had my days booked up till next week. I started slow tho this morning. I had three dates in a day that later I decided to keep only one, the main one. I could not squeeze everybody in such a limited time. I was greedy.
My long morning became short unexpectedly. I unintentionally threw a little "bomb" to the Majapahit book graphic designer, HMY. I emailed her asking about what candi is in the cover of the book. Actually I had smelled that something was wrong when I first saw the cover but didn’t have clue of what. I thought a lot about the mystery during the weekend till I almost confirmed that ‘something’ was wrong. That’s when I emailed HMY to check because I might be wrong too.
She said that she selected the photo from many photos of Majapahit candis the Museum had. Her reply 'confirmed' me that the candi is not located in Trowulan because it’s actually Candi Panataran in Blitar. I consulted my reference book again before replied. RK, the ‘project manager’, was oops too. I slightly regretted that I could not make the last session for final proof a week after Eid. I could have spotted before printing. I told them to relax because it’s still a Majapahit candi although the word Trowulan does not fit the photo anymore. They may redo for the reprint. Anyway, we all learned.
I was almost late for coffee at 11:00 in PI. RIT leaves for xmas holiday tomorrow and it’s our ritual to meet up before the day someone is off. It’s like a little farewell to wish every body a great holiday. Four close friends of her were there. We had nice talk as usual. At 13:00 RIT had lunch date with husband and four girls had lunch. PNA chose the right place to have lunch. Seafood and fish. Perfect!
I spent another hour shopping with PEN. I checked out a bookshop if they had my Historic East Java (the Majapahit reference) copy. Although I was not sure they had because the book is commemorative limited edition. I feel sorry that many good books are sponsored by private but printed in limited number. If only they could arrange the agreement to also print for commercial. Like the Majapahit book we did, it is printed in limited number to accompany the tour of The Grandeur of Majapahit exhibition to many cities around the world – starts from Jakarta this month. Seriously written book should touch more people.
By the way, I ended up buying two books. One is Albom’s latest book and the other is short stories compiled by Murakami. I could not help. They called me loudly and asked me not to wait any longer to buy. Sorry.
I got home six hours since left home like I had three lunches. Good that I canceled other dates. I was happy to see Chiko greeted me. He looked much better this morning. He slept a lot still but responded very well. I checked his eyes which looked quite normal. We fought my computer chair this morning. That’s how I knew that he is getting better, he bit me :-)
The washing-machine guy had fixed the drain pump and now I’m running the drum empty to see how it goes before plunge the first load. Yea, I decided to keep this old machine to give a second chance. I have problem in throwing away when acquiring a new one. I try to be environmentally wise.
This moment I like when I could see light in the end of dark tunnel. Remember I had those negative feelings two days ago? Now everything starts to fall into places :-)
Photo of Chiko's back-leg off dining chair.