Sunday, December 31, 2006

(Dis)Advantage


Finally, after six days together, DHA and I practice a silent communication. He is constantly on ear-phone that I need to shout a bit to get my message thru. And later, as I know he is playing a game with concentration, I start writing him a note.

Silent became a total silence. Yesterday I offered him to watch a movie by writing him a note Watch movie at 4pm, Night at the Museum. He didn’t say anything but later I found him sleeping with a blanket covered face. What could I say? I watched without him. The movie was not bad, it’s hilarious. I know exactly that he would love such movie. I imagined he would laugh out loud. It’s a silly movie.

Before home, I bought him a dozen of KK donut he likes (that surprisingly ‘attracts’ my taste). He didn’t say anything. As usual. And after I asked him to consider limiting the use of internet, he plunged into total silence. I experience the feeling of raising a teenager now. Handling a boy is easier I guess, the mood doesn’t swing that much, but still.. Later at night, I served him half a donut (to share with me) and a glass of milk but it didn’t open the communication channel either. Sigh.

Weather is clearer in the morning. I handled him very carefully. I checked out his packing for tomorrow as he takes lots of book and CD. I also checked what he had in mind for the day; he wanted to go to the IT mall again. Fine. It’s nice if we could negotiate.

I hardly thought about shopping around for a computer program; I don’t know why. So today was my first spending time in a shop selling programs. I felt like entering a library and enjoyed walking in the alley browsing shelves to shelves. It ignited my ideas about many. Hey this is cool! Now I know the advantage of having a teenager at home. It opens other interests :-)

We spent almost an hour in the shop. I ended up buying M Money 2007 (which never crossed my mind till a good friend mentioned), fonts, and scrapbooking programs. I’m excited to have something to do to spend a new year’s evening.

DHA chose to have meat and potato for lunch. That’s a good idea too. I didn’t remember the last time I had meat. Very rarely although my O blood type diet suggests meat more than wheat. We had a great lunch outdoor. So nice to enjoy cooler Jakarta, very rare.

DHA leaves for Malang tomorrow morning. I miss him already but one week is best for us. Just before we face more irreconcilable matters :-) I feel that we are closer now. I have something to talk about next time I call him.

Photo of DHA with simple breakfast he prepared himself: soup, donut, and coffee.