Reach Out

I procrastinated. I only thought about my two uniforms for ATO’s wedding next week today. I had the material since long but something held me from calling the kebaya-maker. Lucky I got professional maker who does house-call. We met up at FRA this morning to take measure. In half an hour all were done.
Jakarta traffic was still nice. It’s very tolerable. I made appointment with my hair-dresser noon time. Thing I could not do in normal traffic. I have to allow more time to go to two places.
I asked PIET to cut my hair shorter and true he gave me even shorter than the last time (total bare neck now). Actually I wanted to have less short but PIET kept it for next month. He suggested me to come regularly every month. Yes, this is ‘the pain’ of having really short hair. The maintenance.
Of almost ten years handling my hair, PIET never failed to make me happy. I was excited to have a nice lunch (with a nice company if possible). I didn’t expect someone could come to see me after lunch time but.. trying is free. This time I chose to reach out a long-lost good friend.
I’m originally a passive person. I don’t reach out but most happy to reconnect with someone who reaches out. When a person ‘shuts the door’, I would only knock twice or three times to know that I should check the DND / do-not-disturb sign. Then I would ‘sadly’ respect the space (s)he needs.
By the way, I knocked the right door. Only two texts could bring this friend to have Chinese lunch with me. That was sweet. I don’t remember the last time we met lunch time.
In the end, I’m happy with my day. I ate an ugly frog in the morning; I got new haircut; I bought a fiction (again?) which I have started to read; and I had nice ‘reach-out’ lunch with a long-lost good friend. The latter has enriched my day.