One Energy At A Time

RIT is right.
The other day AMA told me that RIT likes to change clothes and refresh herself before the next program in a day. AMA thought the habit is impractical in Jakarta. I agreed with AMA. It is impractical when we have to go thru the traffic just to get a new ‘look’ for the next program. The most sensible idea is to dress for the day meaning to dress to suit all programs.
Anyway, actually I took extra time to think about what I wore today – which was unusual for me (the extra time part). I ended up wearing same clothes for all programs today like I used to do. I went before 9:00. It was early but I needed to meet a friend and have lunch at KAT’s later.
After two stops in three hours, I sat in taxi in the middle of bad traffic a few minutes after noon time. Sun was shining right on top of my head. I felt horrible. Not just because of the bad traffic and sun but also of the energy I brought. I was going to have a nice Japanese lunch in such a nice clean-Japanese-style house with nice good friends and.. looked at me. I felt messy, not crisp. Simply bad.
I got KAT's house on time at 13:00. Super. Five other guests had arrived for sure. I felt uneasy to be the last person to appear but that’s very okay. I became the center of attention right away because again.. my wrap skirt by Italian designer in Bali. Cheap and chic (fits Moschino’s motto). One lady grabbed my thin skirt and the other touched my William’s pendant. Oh. Then NT hugged me while announcing my ‘biodata’ to her cousin, the only man present. More comments after I handed my little present for KAT (a neck shawl in a glass). I covered my face. That was too much. It didn’t help me from feeling bad. I ran to restroom to check myself.
So we were mix of many. KAT is American. NT and her cousin are Indian. YUK is Japanese. RIT is Israeli. SAB is German but her other life is in Portugal. And me. KAT seated me in the head of the table. I don’t have idea why.. Because I was the youngest? I should announce the toast then.
NT dominated the conversation as usual but we never mind. She is the center of fun. We talked a lot about transvestite and wild parties held secretly in luxury houses in Jakarta. It was interesting as everybody demanded accurate elaboration from the only Jakartan. I could only promise to invite them if I get invitation next time :-)
Food was super. It was sushi and else. All served in perfect Japanese ceramics. KAT herself served us. Later her sweet helper told us that that was the first Japanese dish KAT prepared for guests. Very sweet KAT. She only lives in Jakarta a little over one year. Undoubtedly, KAT is a Japanese trapped in an American body.
I thought in car on the way back. I feel that I have to break my own rule about one clothes for the day. What I can do next time is bringing an extra and taking time to refresh self. I really need to actually separate energies.
Photo of William’s pendant I wore today taken on my wrap skirt.