Sunday, November 12, 2006

Goose Bumps


This is the end of a ‘speculation’. ATO and SAT tied the knot today after long ‘hurricane’ months for both. It’s two-hour wedding procession in a church near SAT’s house. It was far from where we live so we left early. We chose the right route to avoid bad traffic and ended up arrived an hour too early. Nice. I had time to enjoy the church.

Church choir always makes me goose bumps. We sat in the side of the altar – the opposite of the choir. We could follow the ceremony very well. We were given a small ‘handbook’ so that we knew the procession details. When KIE said that it’s going to take 1.5 hours I didn’t believe. It’s good that I sat next to her, time went fast. Some said that we looked like sisters. Yea, we were look-alike today.

The pastor asked the couple to give each other a 'life message'. The groom given ATO message Jalanin aja (go with the flow). We were gasping waiting for her message for him. She said softly I hope he could keep his commitment. She got a loud applause. It’s truly a ‘commitment signing’ event.

I always like Ave Maria, another goose bumps moment for me. And this time it gave me double goose bumps as I also heard in the background.. adzan (Moslem pray call). I looked around and found the mosque was not far from the church. So beautiful.

We had another hilarious moment after the wedding procession finished. We took pictures and had light ‘emergency’ lunch in hurry. We had to be ready before 16:30 for the last Javanese procession at 17:00 followed by reception at 19:00.

For those who are wondering about our ‘uniform’.. please check the photo below. Yes, you can spot me :-)