Reunited

I just got back from ATO’s wedding shower since morning. It was again a hot humid day; we had no choice but dressed up in Javanese attire. I selected my kebaya only last night. We decided not to wear same clothing like ‘uniform’ for the two events today. We wore any style of kebaya but in white with Yogya batik. Nice color for morning.
I liked the decoration shown in photo. Very nice. Cousins did together last night. I didn’t join because Mama was around. I’d rather be with her chatting. I know it must be fun decorating. We liked to do together for many events in the past.
Photo session is always hilarious. We enjoyed taking pictures of relatives we seldom met. I also took pictures of helpers who are reunited for the event as shown below. My auntie is good in keeping the ‘database’ of long-time helpers. They may have started their own life but still have connection with the family because they had worked more than ten years.
I met the one who lived with my step grandma more than thirty years. I seldom saw her in my life – not more than five times I bet – but she hugged me tight and knew ‘my story’. She said I looked exactly the same as she remembered; only… I laughed a lot more :-) She noticed. She could not believe how old I am till I helped her counting the years. She teaches Quran-reading for kids in her kampong now. Her husband works as security man in a bank. Nice to meet her again..
This evening we need to attend another ceremony. The groom and his family will come to visit. They will bring trays of ‘life basics’ as present; symbol of husband as breadwinner. They will have dinner with our family but the groom is not allowed to meet the bride. Interesting.
I have recovered from 'lost of energy' and now to be ready for the evening. It would be another hilarious moment I believe. We would wear colorful kebaya with tie-dye sarong. Nice colorful evening.