Friday, November 3, 2006

Life Has Many Sides


I checked blucolage – my long abandoned art blog – last night. I was touched by messages my art-friends left in the shout-box. Ooh..
I was selfish; disregard of myself and my art-friends. I should continue making collage. Think small – I don’t have to do everyday like Mauricio. Ugh!

I prepared my art space this morning. The tile for cutting and the mat for me to sit on the floor. I took out the tools from travel-case ex-Ubud trip. Strange. It’s exactly one month since my plug-into-Ubud-art post.

I finished my reborn-collage in twenty minutes. I got the idea quite instantly. I only flipped thru one magazine to get the material and bang! I participated in Studio Friday and already got one comment. What a nice feeling to be back in virtual art community! It’s addictive.

My morning was superb. And my lunch was as nice. Finally, MNE managed to arrange everybody to have lunch. We tried to meet the last two months but everybody flew to many parts of the world every other week. It’s hard to get everybody in Jakarta at the same time. Even today is the last day before MNE off for Argentine and Chile.

This group is special. When MNE and KAT are involved, we definitely won’t talk about relationships and between-us gossip. It would be about politic in general. MNE once worked in social-politic section in French embassy. She ‘chooses’ her friends – only one who can debate with her. She said that it’s not easy to find lady who speaks about such thing. Oh.

So there we were; an Indonesian, a Frenchwoman, an American, and an Israeli talking about the situation in Hiroshima and Nagasaki now and how the history understood by many. It started from KAT who just returned from Japan for a ceramic tour. She stopped by Bangkok and Singapore on the way back which made her slept in 14 beds in three weeks including the Mount E hospital bed where she had uncomfortable medical check-up. We had a good laugh about the term of how many bed in how many day.

We had huge fresh seafood platter on ice. It’s superb. I had everything till I felt dizzy. I slowed down and had something else to balance. MNE thought I lost weight. Now I care, I heard more comments about my ‘shrinking’ size. I’m not thin, I just go smaller
:-)

Three hours of ‘heavy’ subject drained my energy. I longed for my cocoon but only to find water problem hasn’t been solved since morning. My three boys are still working on it; trying to get the water-pump pumps water from possible dry well. It’s been over the usual time they solved the same problem in the past. I have asked them to prepare gallon-ed water for personal cleaning this evening.

Life has many sides. Always.


Photo of my Reborn HUG.