Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Frogs Before New Year


I had no plan for today but there are some ugly frogs I need to swallow since long. Banking and decluttering biz n domestic stuffs at home. I need to finish all before new year. I don’t feel comfortable to take past ‘burden’ into the new year so I have one month left to get things done. I started a bit in domestic area in the morning. Actually I would like to continue but I really had to do banking today, or better not to put off any longer.

It was raining just before I left. I hesitated but just went and as predicted the traffic was congested. I felt helpless. I called my account manager to help. Great, I could do in nearer branch. I could meet boss MBO at PI then. She had texted me in the morning checking my plan.

I felt good leaving the bank, like one-third of the burden lifted. What took me so long to finish this? It came to me this morning while staring at the high pile of laundry. Things are coming uninvited and unstoppable. There’s no way we can wipe it off altogether at one go. How I dream to be able to do..

I had lunch with MBO finally. She was nice to bring me matoa from Manado (shown in photo). It’s fruit with combined taste of durian and rambutan. Hm. It’s originally from Papua but MBO said that now also grown in Bolaangmangandow, a city near Manado. I like her genuine generosity. She brought many kilograms of matoa and many pre-cooked Cakalang fish for loved ones in Jakarta. A quality I need to develop more :-)

So here I am at home again and have no plan. See if I get inspiration to start decluttering more after reading. I bought a book while waiting for MBO to show up (my weakness: cannot resist the temptation to buy in bookshop). I’m going to finish this easy-reading book now. More about living smartly and smoothly to sharpen awareness…