My Pompeii Day

I felt the day went by slowly. Organizational meeting for art group only started at 12:00 because NIE had something else in the morning. It gave me long morning to do my stuff but I didn’t use for reading (which later I regretted). I worked all morning, it’s close to completion so I wanted to rush to end. I really enjoyed translating but I don’t want to be hooked too long.
Anyway, I was a bit nervous when RIT called before 11:00. I rushed my way out because I didn’t want to be late. PEN laughed out loud. We got NIE’s house half an hour too early. Even NIE was still out. Good I knew the ‘password’ to get thru the security. Boleh masuk Pak, mau ketemu Mba Nani aja.. I asked to meet the staff who I happened to know.
Of twelve ‘officially registered’ ladies from the art group, only six showed up for the meeting. NIE and I decided to call for a meeting to plan next year’s program. We felt that the rest relied on us too much to create programs fortnightly. We were ‘too kind’ not to assign dates to the rest. We just carried on and ended up running out of ideas because no one came up with something. So annoying.
These chatty ladies were hard to stop. Like PEN said the other day, when ladies meet, they only look at each other chin down meaning checking out what other wears. That’s very true. Skirt is number one attention, necklace or other accessories is for sure, shoes and handbags later. My mini skirt got lots of attention today ha ha. It was a hot day, I didn’t feel like covering my legs.
Anyway, I set the dining table quickly and called the lady to sit like disciplining school girls. We had one of each: nice salads, pasta, breads, and savory. That’s very fine. We ate like hungry wolves while kept chatting. An hour passed. I stood and cleared up the table, even wiped the table from crumbs, then distributed the ‘art calendar’ I made last night.
The ladies could only focus for a few minutes. They jumped to other topics in the next minute Your face looks radiant from here. And before the next date discussed I heard If you go from this shop,.. Aaaargghh… I was a bit frustrated because I wanted to get things done quickly. I had an appointment with Ibu scrubber around 14:00 but the meeting was still in the middle of ‘nowhere’. Finally, I gave NIE an idea to just assign everybody a date to organize something for the group, anything they can come up with, rather then we also think about the program. Leave the dates open for other ideas. My idea finalized the ‘chatty’ meeting in no time.
I am glad that I had pushed Ibu to come today. She tried to persuade me for next week. Not that I could not squeeze her in my schedule next week but I badly needed her today. I needed a good pampering after a nice busy week :-)
Photo of NIE girls’ Pompeii.