Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I wish..


Yesterday, a good friend asked me What’s your wish? Ehm.. it was not my birthday and new year is still out of sight. It took awhile before I answered I don’t dare to have a wish! Yaa.. I don’t remember I made a wish on my birthdays, I didn’t even make new year resolution for years now.

Perhaps it’s part of my “life surprises program” where I apply ‘delete-all system’ and ‘don’t-look-back’ which followed by ‘don’t-look-at-future’. Hey.. I live in NOW!

I made a long list months ago, not a wish list, I’d rather call it ‘make happen’ list. To some, the list is also a wish list. True, but I focused the list on myself. Only about what I want to do. No second or third party involved so that I can control “my wish”.

I thought about “my wish” in cab on the way to the hall where I watched a circus art from France. BB is the only cab in town whose driver asks their customers which route they prefer. In easy day, I just let the driver choose, no preference. In busy hours, I discussed the route with driver.

And last night, it was after office hour -- busy. Just before the intersection I suggested him to take my route (when I drive). Of course I know the route very well. He argued, he said that his route was better. I didn’t answer. I laughed inside. Where’s my ‘wish’? Even cab driver didn’t grant me my wish. I gave in.

Many close persons told me that I should be more pushy and demanding. Oooh.. not my cup of tea. I’m too old to argue. Let people take the glory! Whatever.

Show was super good. One man show, very creative, contemporary. They called it cirque but nothing as common circus. It was more acrobatic (without rope). This man moved around L-shape wooden walls with one little hole and two little holes with dimmed lamps.

In some parts a projector projected his movement on one side of the wall. Like mirror image but horizontal and vertical, we watched both movement and got lost which image was ‘true image’. After awhile we lost whether he moved vertical or horizontal.

Movement was slow, exploring all muscles. The techno music was perfect. I could see myself in the movement. I think it’s all about us. Restless, hopeless, wanted to go out of the cubicle, reconsidered, played with self, played with surroundings, tried new movement, tried to beat gravity (or reality?),… Many aspects of life in movement performed in limited space (more description from the organizer below).

One hour felt like looong although show was good. It was because of the slow movement perhaps. We had a good laugh on the way out. Everybody, except me, dozed when the movement was too slow. Glad I did not. I stayed awake all show long. Ha ha.. It was a good show. I felt peaceful on the way out and forgot all about my should-have-wish.

My good friend seemed to be still unhappy with me having no wish. I may grant him with one wish then.. I wish I had a wish.

Interieur Nuit

Circus art, dance and theater in collaboration with digital picture technology and electronic music conduct a research on human body based on metamorphose forms. Interieur Nuit
(night interior) offers space with geometric variety, it can be a room, a jail or game station … The frame takes place in a kind of empty room at night, a moment favourable to sweet dreams as well as whimsical frenzies. From the darkness, Jean-Baptiste Andre show up and surprise others by his resistance to gravity. He keeps his equilibrium on his hands, raises his body, climbs the wall and performs his malleability. He makes the audience question the relationship of space and time, interior and exterior, real and imaginary.

A young but powerful new voice in the French contemporary scene, Jean-Baptiste André unlock the art limitation in a solo acrobatic performance. This is a meditation about loneliness and emptiness, a night contemplation that bring us to a new perception about the world. Jean-Baptiste Andre is an artist from new generation, which easily flows between scientific disciplines without burden.