r e s e t r e c h a r g e r e f r e s h

Holiday ends this morning. Nothing is worse then end of a holiday. I come to think that holiday actually starts from the time we have the idea or plan. The chaos, the worries, the uncertainty,… that’s the reaaal holiday!
After the phase of packing, going to airport, arriving; holiday can be considered half way finished. First day of holiday? It is fun but.. holiday is running to end. Like hourglass, full on the first day and suddenly sand runs to empty.
I had long day again yesterday. What I liked is.. I had long morning to spend. Just lazy easy.. That’s true holiday. Not rushing to next agenda like Japanese touring the world. Ten destinations in eight days.
I spent time after lunch in Little India. I always liked to visit this part of Singapore. Always had chance to discover something new. One time I found a Chinese shop selling old ‘modern’ artifact (toys from 70s, cup and saucers from 60s, sign-board from 50s)… I could not find the shop again this time but found one nice shop selling brass knick-knack for temple and nice spiritual book shop (not ‘spiritual’ spiritual).
I walked thru famous Muhammad mall and alleys close-by. Really nice when seeing things with ‘eyes open’, accept all uglies and beauties. Day was not as hot as the day before but it’s quite tiring. Resting while having naan, dhal and salted lassi was not bad at all.
Taking shower before going out at night was also helpful to recharge the depleted energy. I did Orchard again the last time before home. I checked some of my favorite shops and could not resist one pale skirt and a photo album with black pages (again). I had ideas in mind what that's for.
Now I’m sitting in Changi airport waiting for my gate to open. I was way too early to arrive airport but I was happy to do it. I think they got me nice seat in emergency exit (aisle) which means… more space for legs. I was soo sleepy that I don’t dare to put computer in lap. I felt like dozing sometimes. I don’t want to drop it, better sitting odd but safe (as shown in picture).
As usual, end of holiday urges me to make new resolutions. I will be nicer, I will visit FRA more often, I will create more art, I will blog regularly, I will bond with my cousins better, I will visit mama,.. on on on. Any idea how long usually the resolutions last? Not more than one week..
Whatever. I have pushed my reset button. I have decharged and recharged. Refresh now.
Photo: Gate D38, my seat and part of my artwork.