Sunday, June 18, 2006

o n l y


Today I experienced a state of do-not-know-what-to-do. Or, too many plans in mind and not been able to focus. Been two days at home, my old habit is back. Too lazy to go out of cocoon.

So I stayed inside cocoon again. I chatted with AS about Land Rover and paintings, then with a uni cousin about blogging. I rarely talked to both so it was good to have exchange once in awhile.

I was not in touch with art today. I read all newspapers, talked longer on phone with RIN, then sat in balcony listening to… nothing. I’m lucky to live in this housing. It’s in the center but very quiet, no sound, especially at night. Except renovating neighbor and staff’s kid who’s constantly nagging, I could hear nothing (except the hum of electric devices, black out is total silence). What a luxury after 14:00 when staff goes home and after 17:00 when workers stop working. Still I bless their lunch time too!

I decided to put ad for FRA in newspaper. I missed to submit the material yesterday, so I did this morning for tomorrow edition. That was my weeks ago commitment which took less than 20 minutes to accomplish from designing, faxing, and remitting payment. I believe so many things can be done in minutes if we want to do. If not, it will stay the same for ever. I haven’t really eaten my frog. I still have lots of ugly frog to be eaten. That’s from my good friend’s book, my book says “The Tomorrow Trap”. Common problem.

I enjoyed my stupidity today. Or, ignorance? I put three cookies from fridge in microwave and just punched the auto button. Ha ha.. It started to smell in no time and when the timer was off, smoke was all over house. The pineapple jam inside the cookies was bursting out. Thick smoke came out the microwave. Good no stain inside the microwave. I should have put them inside a container. So ignorant..

But my ignorance is better than planning to have a get-together inviting ONE THOUSAND guests from outside city. And the city is near Yogya where people are still struggling with Merapi volcano and earthquake aftermath. I happen to know someone will hold such event next two months. Sad.

Now prepare to go out of cocoon. I planned to meet RAD this afternoon. So easy with RAD, we will set place to meet before we go out of our cocoons. We need to check our mood to the last minute. Let time shows us where we want to be in the next few hours.. 13:32

Apparently, we both were too lazy to go out of cocoon. I let things distracting me while I prepared myself. Good to know that RAD was going to be late too.. And she was pretty late because she gave me time to unintentionally shop. Grr.

We were yakking over coffee and potato wedges. RAD told me story about how she organized help for Yogya two weeks ago with some friends from Jakarta. I was amazed by the story of how fund and other aid stuffs like pouring in since she announced her intention to make a trip to Yogya. She felt selfish tho.. which didn’t surprise me. She felt good doing it and she felt ‘bad’ at the same time because she felt good. I believe anything is enjoyable if we do with sincerity..

Almost two hours passed. RAD had an idea to watch movie. Hm.. Like dating. Why not? We checked out the cinema and the only movie we would like to watch is The Omen, but still two hours away. Early dinner then. RAD chose her favorite Italian resto near the cinema. Pizza was good but yakking was the best. We had to set alarm to remind us the time ha ha..

It's fun to watch movie with RAD (my first time). She was quite jumpy. I giggled everytime she jumped or covered face from scary scene. We were off near 22:00. I was sleepy, so RAD. It was nice to spend six hours together, not lONeLY.