Monday, June 12, 2006

Break the Eggshell



Last night I searched for spiral notebook I remembered I had. I was inspired by a challenge in Inspire Me Thursday (IMT) to do Art Journaling. I checked out some artworks submitted. Superb! Yaa.. Why wait till a birthday party or a travel trip to make a scrapbook. Illustrated journal is interesting to do once or twice a week. Do not have to be complicated, any material can do. By the way, I found the notebook. Perfect size for ‘light’ scrapbook. I was happy sleeping.

I carried the art bubble till I got up in the morning. My art bubble led me to more art challenge links. It all started from Arv’s blog. I observed his weekly artwork submitted to Illustration Friday (IF). I was not ready to create an artwork so I hadn't had checked the link.

But nice to discover the previous art challenge link, IMT, thru IF participant’s blog. I’m interested in IMT more than IF because I cannot do well in illustrating. Also there are more variety in IMT challenges such as Monochromatic Art, Functional Art, Find the Art in the Everyday, and many more. I will observe further then participate later.. soon.

Also thru a participant’s blog I found Poetry Thursday. This one also attracts me. It’s easier because I have started writing any form of poetry almost everyday. I may start to answer the challenge in this web soon. Very interesting.

So I am bubbly with many kinds of art challenge. This morning I took out my ‘collection’ of card (expired credit card, membership card, service card, hotel keys, and many). I planned to make a lampshade ha ha. AW has inspired me with her gas-lighters chandelier. I haven’t planned the lay-out but soon I will design and ask my staff to make the frame. I am excited.

My art plan today was interrupted by the inspiration to write About Me. I was often speechless when one asked me About Me. I was lucky sometimes, my art group friends helped me describing my About Me. I called them my promoter. Yaa! This morning the outline was flowing and transforming into my About Me. Yay!

In the afternoon I decided to watch Inside Man, PEN recommended. I checked the schedule and this time I had to go to cinema in a mall. It’s where the youngsters hangout. I was fascinated by the luxury feeling in the lobby (shown in slideshow). The ticket price was also WOW.. almost three times of the regular USD 3. I could not believe how much pocket money those youngsters have.

Inside Man was my third movie in three weeks -- after five years of not watching movie in cinema. That’s how I believe to start to create my first artwork soon. Here there's a saying Break the eggshell meaning “once you break the eggshell, inside will burst out”