fiDDling n fareweLL

Blogger made me busy again today. I tried to upload one picture in yesterday’s post and it didn’t show anything. It’s just empty. I tried many thing from resizing to renaming like I used to do and worked; today.. nothing!
It happened I stayed at home all day so every time I went online I tried to upload. And it always failed. Yea, I didn’t publish my post yet because of this. Me and my perfectionism. A paragraph needs a photo.
I worked on RIT’s photos for her farewell this evening. I did the lay-out last night before sleep. There were times that I could be so excited. That’s when I got perfect picture for perfect person. It’s hard to create if I don’t have the ‘connection’ with the ‘object’.
And it took long time to satisfy my perfectionism. I kept changing the lay-out and thinking about what else to put in that limited space. Noon almost came when I decided to just fix the photos according to the original idea; otherwise I would never make it on time. And true, the rest came easy after fixing the first page. I am very satisfied with the result. Too bad I cannot upload photos, I will do next time soon.
I was soo sleepy in the noon after busying self with photos. I fell asleep in front of computer for awhile. I felt tired. I decided to shower to freshen up. Still I hadn’t had idea of what to wear this evening. I selected my batik after shower.
I avoided wearing black for farewell get-together, it looks so depressing. I chose white linen top – kimono like – and tie-dye sarong in black-white (made by a Dutch-lady married to orang Bogor). I didn’t want to look too ethnic in German atmosphere.
Going to the venue was a torture. The traffic was so bad, so bad, that it took me an hour twenty minutes (of the usual thirty minutes in slow traffic). I tried to calm self because there’s nothing I could do but sitting quietly enjoying time clicking away. German time. I could not be too late!
I met some ladies from art group. It’s nice that we sat in the same table. Chat chat chat. Each took different food then we shared to taste. Nice! Only we didn’t stay long. It’s already late.
We would meet again tomorrow morning for Friday art, then next week for another private farewell party of RIT. It’s like ritual for me every year before summer, attending many of the same or different farewell parties. Sad moments. Ya, because there’s no way we would be invited to a welcoming party. Ya?