Cage Masala
Now I know that people are watching us thru our blog. I was surprised to find – a few minutes ago – that my 101st post yesterday is listed under Malaysian masala (= problem) in a Malaysian “mind colonies” website. I randomly clicked links under the category to figure out what all are about. It looks like any writing about problem in using multi languages in Malaysia (or Malay speaking countries). Ya.. I had seen other links discussing problem in using Malay in Brunei and Malaysia before. Hm.. I am not alone. I feel flattered to have unintentionally contributed in the discussion.
Yesterday was my Malay day. I challenged myself to write more in Indonesian. I found it hard in the first post but then flowed well in the second. So I thought why I didn’t start writing in my own language. This morning I realized, I could not do this. Some of my readers do not understand the language. I have to be fair. I treasure my readers. I decided to get back to the old mode. With all my flaws. But having one Indonesian posting every week can be good too.
I liked my second post yesterday, the Belenggu Kesempurnaan (Chain of Perfectness). It was about what I learned from being a perfectionist. I found that I had put myself in a cage that I could not see other possibilities to do things. My creativity was dead. Simply because I just knew that printing a blog post actually is VERY easy. Ha ha. I had done it in my stupid perfect way. Or I thought it was perfect. It felt so good to be in touch with my stupidity again (after the naiveness case). I really have to kick the cage in me. Go away!
Note: Photo of thorny cage at Noor Ibrahim's house in Yogya.