Monday, May 1, 2006

Labor Day

MONUMENTAL UNDERTAKING: Members of the rapid response unit of the Jakarta Military Command stand near the National Monument in Central Jakarta during a ceremony Friday. Military and police personnel gathered to determine their preparedness for Monday's labor protest in the capital and other cities. JP/Mulkan Salmona


I’m going to have a full week this week so I thought it would be nice to spend my day at home today. It’s Labor Day. Jakarta was in Alert One since Friday. Thousands of workers from various areas in Greater Jakarta marched along major streets of the capital to commemorate Labor Day. They came in buses and trucks, started their demonstration at around 10:00. It started raining around noon, heavy one with sunshine. It is told that rain is designed to fall to disperse demonstrators. I heard nothing happened, the trick should have worked.

I spent my morning working as domestic worker, Monday ritual. So nice to be able to finish all before noon then enjoyed the fruit of my decluttering yesterday. I moved my laptop to desk. Oh so nice to have ergonomic back support ha ha. It would be nicer after the desk-top computer gone (which I haven’t done anything to make it happen).

I woke up with new spirit to improve my way to communicate. I think I had changed the way I communicated with loved ones since blogging. It’s the same case where many stop sending greeting cards using postal service after the invention of e-card. I don’t want to lose personal touch.

I ended up having a day of communication. I started with writing long email and not-so-long email. Replying properly to each email in inbox that needed my response; from hi email to biz email. Then answered several phone calls and made phone calls for biz and long chat. So I didn’t do anything else. Just reading a new novel in between.

It’s early evening now when everybody starts to relax. I’m going to start working. I need to refine UB blog before launching it soon. Be a worker in the evening.