Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Request? Invitation

Mama called my cellphone before 7:00, I didn’t hear. I tried to call her back at home and cellphone. It only connected me to her answering machine.

Before 8:00 is my time to plan my day thru... texting. I replied to pending replies from last night; I checked persons who I’m going to meet today; and I sent staffs work-to-do list for today and coming days if any.

In Jakarta we have to plan our day well because of the traffic. It’s hard to have more than two destinations in a day. And if we don’t plan the time, we could end up idle somewhere. Forget about waiting for the next program at home. We would never make it to the next, especially when it involves... rain. This is when I appreciate living in Malang. Still human.

So today is a bit odd for me. I plan to visit VER, the girl I met at NT’s lunch. She owns an art shop (with stuffs from Thailand and Vietnam) and she launches new products today. It would be nice if I come to support. But hm..

Hey Mama is in Lombok since yesterday! Yes I knew the plan but I thought it would be end of the month. Now I could not reach her. I have to wait till she calls me. Hope she is okay. She has four days program to visit places in Lombok. She was excited planning the trip when I went to Malang the other day. Oh time flies. I really have to update myself with her next plan. Belgium in Aug and NZ in Nov? It’s time before I know it ha ha. 8:40

Two more meeting requests. One came yesterday. It has been years, my friends from office asked me to organize a reunion. I refused to do for many reasons. I used to organize reunions in the past but everytime I felt like people didn’t make effort to make time to meet. I felt like I was the only one who had the spirit. So I stopped organizing any reunion since about six years ago although I got requests to do.

Requests came from friends of the same department in office 15 years ago. This morning it came to me Why not? Fifteen persons, all are in different places / offices now. Some still keep in touch. Some are out of radar. The last time we got together was eight or nine years ago. I have sent list of members to three of them to help me updating the contact number / email. Should be easy. Hm.

And BIR texted asking me to have dinner with families sometime next week. She knows a new place for pizza. I agreed with the idea. My Java Jazz friend who already planned her visit to 2007's Java Jazz from Istanbul!! She is a big fan of jazz. She invited me to watch jazz festivals in Europe and drop by Istanbul on the way back. Sounds good!

Meanwhile I’m still thinking about visiting my Sis in Boulder. I got invitation for nephew graduation on June 3rd (shown in photo). Aaargghh.. I wish I could go.. If only I didn’t need to apply for visa, I must have flown. But yes, I should go to visit her soon. It’s in my list now (long term). Smile.

Now, get ready to meet YUG and two other friends. YUG just called and wanted to share me her next program for the dance company she works for. Glad I managed to share her my time. Later early in the evening, I will listen to my ex account manager. Wonder what she has in mind.