..inside myself.
Polemik Bahasa
Aku senang sampai kemarin masih ada yang memberi komentar mengenai pos-ku yang memakai Bahasa Indonesia. Ada yang bilang pos-ku tidak mencerminkan “diriku”; dan ada yang bilang aku lebih mampu mengekspresikan diri dengan menggunakan Bahasa Indonesia. Aku menghargai kedua pendapat itu. Yang pertama aku anggap sebagai ‘pengenalan diri’ dari sisi yang lain karena si pemberi komentar mengenalku sehari-hari (dari satu sisi); yang kedua aku anggap sebagai pendapat “murni” karena si pemberi komentar tidak mengenal diriku. “Murni” dalam arti si pemberi komentar benar-benar melihat tulisanku sebagai ekspresi seseorang, bukan melihat ‘cerita’ dibalik si penulis. Menarik.
Aku ingin mulai membuat satu bagian dalam Bahasa Indonesia setiap hari. Jadi aku bisa berlatih kedua bahasa setiap hari, tidak pada hari tertentu seperti yang disarankan seorang teman. Aku tidak suka kalau harus dipagari dengan jadual ketat seperti hari Rabu sebagai hari berbahasa Indonesia, hari Jumat sebagai hari kesenian,.. ha ha. Ada baiknya memang mempunyai jadual tapi untuk “meditasi” yang satu ini aku ingin bebas.
Yang aku tidak mengerti, kenapa orang (terutama orang asing) menyebut Bahasa Indonesia dengan sebutan “Bahasa” saja. Arti kata “bahasa” adalah ‘language’. Aku lebih suka menyebutnya “Indonesian” untuk “Bahasa Indonesia”, “Malaysian” untuk “Bahasa Malaysia”, dan sama untuk lainnya. Bahasa-bahasa ini tetap berbeda satu dengan yang lain meskipun dari satu rumpun bahasa Melayu. Jadi kenapa disebut “Bahasa” saja? 11:45
Catatan: My main competition is inside myself.
(foto poster di rumah DY di Yogya)
FRA-day
I got up late today. How I wanted to stay longer in bed without worry about my day. Not worry about facing the day but.. having things to do. So I went out late. I took my time in the morning. I read and wrote my Indonesian post above.
Later today a reader suggested me to sign up another blog for my Indonesian post. Second same suggestion I got from my readers. I appreciated the idea but I don’t think I would make another committment. Ubudblu has taken a part of my day. I need more time for reading after anything else. That’s for now. I may change mind.

Finally I met RM after numerous rescheduled appointments the last few weeks. I thought we would never make it at all. Today he took lots of photo for the book (shown in photo). We had a nice discussion about he’s still happy using his non-digital camera. So I helped him out. I took pictures from the same angle and we checked the lighting from my camera. So funny.
We worked efficiently as team. I selected the stuffs to be photographed and a staff cleared the place, then he took pictures quickly with the help of a staff for the lighting. We finished it in less than two hours.
We had a nice chat about business while waiting for his cab. He’s going to launch a quarterly magazine to promote Indo biz in Europe and vice versa. I’m amazed with his ability to make things happen in publication; the framework and the management. He has worked in the industry more than twenty years.
It’s good that RIN came after RM left. I had a company to have late lunch at 16:00. We stayed at UB till 20:00. It’s funny. We noticed that if lights and activities were still on, we could stop cars. It’s like a showcase ha ha.. Think about the business, I believe that FRA and UB are more attractive in the evening when passersby can enjoy the art with light. Hm.