VO

I started reading the sequel book of Archer’s experience as prisoner A Prison Diary: Purgatory. Having read the first volume A Prison Diary: Hell, I thought I wouldn’t continue reading the sequel (it’s trilogy) but I just bought the book when I spotted in a bookshop some time ago. Actually, I enjoyed the personal diary of Archer although no suspense I could expect from a day-to-day experience in prison. It is boring but I found it interesting at the same time.
As often, I was influenced by the book I’m reading. Last evening I put down the book after reading since late afternoon realizing the quiet life I lead now. Suddenly I felt like… Archer! I've developed regime of doing things since getting up in the morning till back in bed in the night with less and less contact with other persons. I have imprisoned myself from the outer world.
I thought about VO (visiting order) in Archer’s story. I think I’ve developed such system now. I issued virtual VO in a way for closed ones to have connection with me. For instance, I have an obsolete cell phone dedicated to a chip from an operator that offers very low rate between users of the operator. I was in euphoria for a while a few weeks ago that I hooked up with my cousins almost every day. Imagine 15 cent per hour! But the sensation disappeared by time. I stopped making and getting phone calls in no time.
That’s when I realized that to get a connection I need to issue VO or CO (communicating order). If I don’t show up, make connection, I end up imprisoning myself in my own world. Actually I don’t have reason to feel that way because I could always tap the world any time I want! Then, here I am! Out of my own prison.
So I let myself walking out my prison today. I had big agenda since yesterday: to make the agreement with Maria done today. I drove down to Denpasar in the morning to avoid the heat but still after ran errands for four hours, I felt like I didn’t have energy left. It’s the heat. I stayed in the house all afternoon thinking about the unsigned agreement because Maria’s husband was out when I came to sign.
I had to end. Show up! I drove back to Maria’s place in the rain. Glad things could be done in less than an hour. So I am now the proud owner of a small shop in Jalan Hanuman, Ubud. I’m so happy. I’m happy for having pushed myself a bit more to make this happen. And more after I checked what auspicious day is today in Ubud community news, today is a good day to… make a kitchen! Yes! This shop would be my kitchen for ideas and making money!
I feel relieved. I have another shop in Ubud finally! I shared the news with Ketut, my ex staff. After Maria hands the shop over next week, I asked him to be my revamping manager while I’m away. I talked with him two hours about business to life in general. He is a good Balinese man, clever too.
After the shop open next month, I would definitely issue more VOs!
Photo of the object under debate.