Return

Family news: Seli has delivered Dari, Kila, and Legi. My neighbor friend sent the news about his newly born kittens close to 8am. I replied. I have acquired the house! Ah we have things that are worth celebrating, he replied. We have. We set the time and the place without further discussion. We upgraded our choice of warung for the celebration.
I picked him up at 11. Why didn't you tell me that you are wearing blue? Now I have to conform to a dress code when we meet. Fine. With him on board, I have to drive slowly and carefully. The Queen of Klungkung has trauma. Like two lovers, we planned to spend the afternoon enjoying the ready-to-be-harvested rice field by the restaurant (ya, we canceled our warung plan). We had grilled fish and duck with creamed potato for lunch and coffee to follow. Ah life is good.
Again, he mentioned about the life we choose. Seperti kita ini Mba… Odd for many but we are happy to have chosen to be single without kid, have enough for good living (and not too much to lose the joy like some of our friends), and have freedom to manage the time. We feel blessed… Again and again.
After lunch, for the third time of this month, we walked from shop to shop in the main road of Ubud. We entered a 'legendary' art shop that had sent me to meet this dear friend six years ago. Time flies. He is my jodoh like many other things in Ubud. We are meant to meet.
The shop has inspired me. It brings me back to my passion for an art shop that had gradually disappeared the past five years. When I just realized the reality that I’m going to run another art shop, I felt small in the business. A novice. I had lost the grip. I felt. Only friends who could remind me that I have good eye for art like last night when my friend told the other couples how she found Frangipani different. Hm.
We closed our trip with visiting a high-end jewelry shop owned by a French designer, another long time Ubudian. Another spark flared… Now I have homework. I would spend the coming weeks igniting the spark into a great flame…
Photo of a path leads to a bungalow near my house.