Transformation

Not having a shop space to dream, I feel half of my activities in Ubud gone. I’m a loose kite in the sky. The good thing about the idea of Mama might have time to visit me yesterday is I have a neat house since two days ago. It helps me this morning. Clutter free space always energizes me. It makes me wanting to declutter more. I did and I focused on some minor things that still stuck on my way.
The past few weeks I’ve been actively surfing life development websites. I have collected ten websites on how to increase productivity. It seems that creative people have problems with productivity. The issues cover handling time management, reaching goals, beating distractions, boosting productivity, simplifying life, and many similar issues that rooted to one issue: procrastination.
This is what lifeclever.com says about procrastination and its tip to beat:
"According to Neil Fiore and 30 years of research, procrastination isn’t the result of laziness. Rather, procrastination is a symptom, a way of coping with deep psychological self-criticism and fear. It’s because we’re taught to believe that working is good and playing is bad. To reverse this unhealthy model, Neil proposes a tool: the Unschedule."
Though only made a mental note, I practiced to unschedule work activities. I scheduled things I want to do, instead of things I have to do. Then I inserted things I need to do. It seems working because I see the reward first. It’s strange but like the writer, I don’t feel I’m a bad person by doing so. However, many creative persons suffer the same!
I had the most important business I handle at the moment done in half an hour (only). It took me thorough reading of some documents and making note. That’s it! Then I wrapped stuffs for my cousins and birthday auntie in Jakarta. Glad! I also have found rhythm doing my laundry: when to load in the washing machine and when to iron. It’s a nice combination to my morning yoga. I felt fresh with lots of physical activities in the morning.
I made a trip downtown to run errands – to clear up my table. I wore long sleeved linen shirt for the first time. When I’m driving and wearing no sleeved top, I’m wearing sarong to cover my shoulders. Now I act like gadis Bali who don’t want to get tanned skin. I'm happy with my tanned skin but I got enough. Mine is already nice and I don’t want more.
Welcoming my one year life in Ubud, I feel my life is going through a transformation. Of values and habit.
Photo of the two seats where I had lunch with Ira the other day.