Saturday, March 29, 2008

Choice


What are you going to do in Jakarta? Ah. Ehm. Before too long the travel agent sent me a text message announcing my ticket reschedule is done. This trip is going to be a seeing-doctors trip. Nothing serious, just checking. It seems I need glasses for my far sight. I’m not sure but I need to check. I felt it when I drove in the evening.

Then I have to see a dermatologist on Monday. The two dots I’ve been having since two days on my arms have developed to be ugly later today. I think I got stung in the beach the other night. It has two green dots with large red area surround. I started feeling itchy this afternoon. It has swollen a bit. A pharmacist in a drug store gave me cream and little pills to suppress the allergy to ease during the weekend. This is unplanned.

And, visiting dentist. I’m a bit paranoia seeing stains on my teeth although I still have some five months before the next visit. I avoid getting hurt later if the stains got harder (is it?) to remove. I’m going to see a friend after dentist so that won’t make difference. I have to go anyway.

So I’m in Jakarta now. I have my hair colored and got haircut already. I have used my time efficiently. From airport, I stopped by the mall before home. I was by myself when having my favorite bubur ayam in the mall food court, I sent text message to my cousin Aga in Denpasar. He told me this morning when I handed over my Jeep that he felt bad when I sent him text message telling about "me being jomblo (without boyfriend) on Saturday night”. I’d sent similar message to tease him. Ya kasian, he replied.

Actually I don’t think much about my aloneness. It's people like Aga who reminds me that I'm having no company. That’s when I realize it must be precious to have a good company because not so many are lucky to have one(s). Be it a partner, kids, or friends. I smiled. Again. It’s my choice. Actually I was thinking to ask a friend to meet in the mall but I canceled because I want to move in my own pace. So Aga, being a jomblo is a choice.

Photo of a chair for two in Ubud.