The Stiff Body
I’ve been not well three days. I take it as the best time to learn more about my body. I don’t like to take medicine although I know it cures quickly. I better stick to the old way to cure body from flu – take extra rest. That’s what I do since I got back from Cirebon on Wednesday.
I felt better yesterday morning that I could work a bit. For me, if my brain works, that’s a good sign meaning I’m not that ill. I took paracetamol in the afternoon to reduce the slight fever. I felt better but of course it put me to sleep, or in between heaven and earth. My intake was getting less and less. I could only take two spoonful of rice for lunch and forgot that I also needed to have dinner. I was too weak to set appetite for eating.
This morning I got up in the dark to find my back killing me. I got backache of lying down too long. I don’t know what to do, my head wanted to rest, my back refused. I slept on my side till dawn. My. This flu is seriously torturing me. It took me awhile to figure out what to do.
Now I know that doing yoga needs super healthy body. My body is super stiff now and I don’t have energy to move complicated positions in yoga. Forget about putting my head down, it spins. I did it anyway, minus the head down. I don’t want to let myself be in this state too long. I did it carefully and slowly. It’s so stiff when I did but I feel more flexible after that. I will do again in the afternoon.
When I checked on my reflection? I have skinny thigh and flat stomach. I lose my curve. I don’t dare to check my weight. I must have lost at least one kilogram. What I have to do now is to keep my spirit high, rest without lying down, exercise lightly twice a day, and drink more water.
I have an agenda for tomorrow. I have to pass this.
Photo of a cracked plate in Keraton Kasepuhan Cirebon.
I felt better yesterday morning that I could work a bit. For me, if my brain works, that’s a good sign meaning I’m not that ill. I took paracetamol in the afternoon to reduce the slight fever. I felt better but of course it put me to sleep, or in between heaven and earth. My intake was getting less and less. I could only take two spoonful of rice for lunch and forgot that I also needed to have dinner. I was too weak to set appetite for eating.
This morning I got up in the dark to find my back killing me. I got backache of lying down too long. I don’t know what to do, my head wanted to rest, my back refused. I slept on my side till dawn. My. This flu is seriously torturing me. It took me awhile to figure out what to do.
Now I know that doing yoga needs super healthy body. My body is super stiff now and I don’t have energy to move complicated positions in yoga. Forget about putting my head down, it spins. I did it anyway, minus the head down. I don’t want to let myself be in this state too long. I did it carefully and slowly. It’s so stiff when I did but I feel more flexible after that. I will do again in the afternoon.
When I checked on my reflection? I have skinny thigh and flat stomach. I lose my curve. I don’t dare to check my weight. I must have lost at least one kilogram. What I have to do now is to keep my spirit high, rest without lying down, exercise lightly twice a day, and drink more water.
I have an agenda for tomorrow. I have to pass this.
Photo of a cracked plate in Keraton Kasepuhan Cirebon.