The Cirebon Trip
I'm in the hotel business center in Cirebon waiting for time to have early dinner with the group. We had a long day as we started early at 5:30 in Gambir station, Jakarta. It was my first time to be in the station, also for some people. There are ten of us. I only know a few but we make friends in a few minutes. Glad we have a nice group of many nationalities.
Train was okay except some windows are broken. Later I know that people throw stone to running train. So irresponsible and cannot understand why the authority don't catch them. Actually, just before we ended the trip we heard a loud thud like a small bomb explosion coming from a window that got hit by stone. So scary. Just cannot imagine the glass shattered on our face. Anyway, the train wasn't bad at all. We giggled about the 'ever' reclined chair that hard to put back straight.
Cirebon is nice. I visited here almost thirteen years ago. It looks pretty much the same. We went to mosques (with history of course), the Keraton Kasepuhan with nice Dutch plates planted on the bricks, a glass painting studio, and a wet market! We also had a chance to be in becak in the sun. It was fun. I shared a becak with a friend of the same size. So much fun.
Lunch was nice too. I admit, I ate a bit more than usual. Who can resist the fresh seafood for late lunch? A perfect combination to have a big meal. We were chicken after lunch, of the food and the blasting hot sun. And I have to confess too that I skipped a tour to Wali Songo tomb. Only two persons going. The tour guide said that we anticipate a big hassle with numerous beggars on the site. That turns us off. Or simply say, we were just too tired. No more excuse.
Now I'm ready to have dinner in a well known Chinese restaurant that has a place to buy oleh-oleh, they say. Then, catching good sleep must be nice. I look forward to having a nice morning and day tomorrow.