Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Recharging


Half month has already passed. I haven’t prepared year-end greetings. Nothing much but I might send some gifts to long time friends and definitely have to start writing numerous e-greetings. I have packed up necklaces to send to my friend who’s going to ‘baby-sit’ for me while I’m in Ubud. She’s glad to do it. Very nice girl.

I’m pondering about recharging self after my girlfriend told me about her plan for the new year. She’s going to a vihara in Mega Mendung. Hm. It gives me idea to do the same in Ubud. The recharging, I mean. I haven’t decided what but yea… I would like to do something privately, my own way, this year-end. It’s time to regroup the aspects of my life. I’m not sure about making resolution but to write it out what I want to achieve next year would be great. I will process that.

I spent nice time with my friend. We went to Gelar Tenun Nusantara, a woven-cloth exhibition. It’s a nice event to view various woven-cloth from different parts of Indonesia. I told my friend to stop me from buying if I appear too aggressive. Yea, it’s easier to stop me in shopping malls, with Indonesian craft? I could not resist.

I was a good girl though. I only bought one nice plain white woven cotton shawl from Tuban and two nice arty floor rugs. Both are for Ubud House. My eyes have been trained, I only want to buy a good textile now (after a cabinet full of textiles?).

Anyway, I got a nice boost before home. I got extreme asymmetrical haircut from Pieter again. I told him the Posh Spice style he gave me last month was too feminine for me. I want my eccentricity back, so he gave me one. I love it, as usual. I look younger because my face is smaller now. But that’s not the highlight. It boosts my spirit, that’s more important.

Photo of a beach in Cirebon.