Monday, December 24, 2007

The Day


It’s Monday. A day before Christmas. It’s purnama (full moon). Been away from office a decade, I’m still thinking like one with the rhythm. Monday is supposed to be an active day with ideas and things to do for the week. I forgot that… I don’t report to anyone and it’s holiday season! Aah so good. Can I free myself from guilt of being unproductive since I arrived Ubud?

I took out the A-line necklace material last night. Just because of the guilt. I stared at the stone. What can I do? It’s dark already. I need good light to see the true color of the stone because my creation plays with colors. Hm. It reminds me of the builders next door that started hammering and cutting ceramic tiles right after dark the past two days. It’s so annoying because they kept quiet all day and just in time I need to be quiet they started to make noise. I try to find the reason why working after dark and got no clue. I just thought they might like me, waiting for inspiration.

That was last night. I didn’t have time to string necklace this morning, I just wiped clean the stones and got ready to go downtown. I had 9:00 o’clock breakfast appointment with relatives. It’s a good time to walk, nice cloudy weather. I dropped by my friend’s shop to check box I ordered and was satisfied with the result. Bali is like magic. The box was finished in four hours! Perfectly done. I order more for my A-line necklace.

It was raining hard all morning then it’s hard to decide what to do for the day. Going shop to shop is nice but what to do if it’s raining. So we chatted then I decided to take them to Tegallalang, the craftsmen village. The ladies had fun looking at shop and fancied nice things. Actually, in the end, I was the one home with the biggest package. I bought nice long flat glass to put glasses.

It’s a nice weather in where I’m sitting now, Tutmak, by soccer field. It’s fresh. In Ubud, Christmas is not a big celebration. Only a few places installed Christmas decoration, or very little 'reminder' that it’s Christmas time. Purnama is well celebrated. The banten (offering) is huge and complete on the road in front of every shop. Nice combination of both cultures. While I enjoy the atmosphere, I also look forward to being in my cocoon again very soon.

Photo of us today.