The Squeeze

Yesterday the Mac staff asked me through text message if I want to add keyboard silicone skin and mouse into the price of my secondhand Mac I sell through the shop. I don’t understand how he got the idea. Or, the potential buyer’s idea? So strange that people can come up with something to maximize what they can get out of a deal. Or, I’m too naïve that I never thought of that possibility when buying things? It annoys me.
This morning I got up with the thought of things that annoy me recently. It started since my senior staff sent me a text message yesterday. I granted her six weeks leave with pay since two weeks ago. It happens it’s Christmas but actually I want to give “us” time to break for a while after ‘working together’ for eight years. She has annoyed me for years now. She knows how to use my softness to squeeze me. So annoying.
This is the right time to review any relationships that don’t add up to the goodness of my life. I will sort out one by one to start a clean sheet in January. I know it’s almost impossible to do it in less than a month but taking stock can help.
Anyway, I went shopping today. Very quick one. I bought what I need and dashed home just in time before raining. I don’t feel like meeting friends so I didn’t make lunch appointment. This is the time of the year when I would like to spend time with myself more. I took easy of the day. I have started packing up for my next stay in Ubud. I might stay longer this time. I project myself to start staying full time in Ubud next year. Hm..
Photo of a table with twisted leg in Keraton Kasepuhan in Cirebon.