Saturday, September 1, 2007

Create Space To Create


Finally I felt fresh when got up at 4:30 this morning. Yes, this is important for me after days of gloomy morning that dragged me into days without energy. I forgot what I did but before I realized morning had come, so my staffs. And we were busy taking off curtains to be soaked and washed, and kilims to put in sun. I think I got the idea from an article I read when tidied up newspaper. The columnist writes about “spring clean”. Yaa.. spring is coming.

But no, for me Eid is more time-mark to declutter, after New Year of course. Why? I’m not sure why because I don’t really observe Eid but I use the event to experience a new feeling. And decluttering is one way to achieve that. I feel clean and renewed, ready for new things to happen, new creation to be done.

I hadn’t blog-hopped for long time since I stopped participating actively in weekly art-challenges about same month last year. I used to check other art-blogs to see people’s creation which at the same time stimulated my creativity too. It was fun although it looks like wasting time. Nothing such in being creative. I confirmed the notion in a creative coach blog I found this morning.

I opened blucolage, my art blog, and found a message in the chat-box from my long-time fans in South Africa. She invited me to visit her art-blog that led me to her ‘host-blog’ by Dan Goodwin. I studied what the blog is about and how he set a ”social network” in cyberspace. Very interesting. I wouldn’t have known such thing exists if I don’t surfing often. So nice to know. I shared my discovery with a good friend who’s interested in setting up similar online business.

My “Eid clean” went very well. It took my three boy staffs a half-day to do window cleaning, washing guest bathroom, putting four kilims in sun, and wiping pantry. I did soaking and washing the curtain. I also spent some time to set up my old laptop for Linda: share some administration files and business pictures, and set password. I don’t want her to share the files with others. I’m relieved that finally I could release almost all of my business tasks to Linda to do so I can do more creating. I had planned this for a very long time now, so glad today I managed to create more space to do something new.

My spirit and my discovery is a perfect match today. I will read more about how to be creative and be happy with Dan Goodwin. This is all I need now :-)

Photo of my old knick-knack collection in Ubud House.