The Organizer

It was still 9:45 when I sat in the car with a good friend. She was not ‘on the ground’ this morning. She was hectic. She was all sweaty because of hormone changes. She was worried. Simply, she could not talk with me. I behaved. Actually, I was in my own world too. I had two ‘negotiations’ with two friends going on through text messages.
There are times when everything goes wrong. Today is the one for my friend. She picked up a not-yet-open Starbucks for us to meet. We had to call up the other five girls to change venue. As we were ready to leave, the driver had already gone to fill up tank. My friend was still very much occupied with many issues she had since got up. Her boy could not find place to stay overnight in London. Husband in Papua New Guinea needed something. Checking her friend for watching concert tonight. I stayed in the background. I too was in the cloud but apparently was much better.
What a woman life! So many facets. Run many things and want to be with friends at the same time. Often we end up having body and mind separated. In such mood and situation, we still moved on to be together physically. Seven of us, half of us were constantly on phone. One is worried about when to call packer because no date has been set by husband's office (after 'failed' to pack two months ago). One anticipates her six weeks in Australia to look after two boys on holiday and soon attend a graduation. One has biz appointment as she helps out husband to run a strawberry farm. What about me? A friend wanted to see me in Frangipani lunch time and a friend had asked me to visit a handicraft fair. I didn't dare to commit to both.
Today’s highlights are a friend who leaves Indonesia for good on Sunday and a friend whose husband just got kidnapped for 15 days in Nigeria. Both had stories that drained energy. Things that don’t happen every day. Again, I witnessed women with life challenges. Organizing life of her and loved ones.
Shopping and having coffee with girl friends are definitely a sweet escape for us. We value our togetherness highly especially after realizing that some moments only happen once in life time. I’m glad I was really careful not to squeeze too many things to happen today, although naturally, I like to trap myself into organizing many in a day.
Photo women in Ubud by Rad.