Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I’ve done my part.


I’m satisfied with my achievement in the morning. I started at… 2:22! I just slept early last night – a moment before 21:25. I knew the consequence and was ready. I had many things in mind. I read, dozed off for a while, selected small kilims to change the big one in the living room (not just cleaning, I also like a change every now and then), and that concluded my Eid-clean.

I looked at my old laptop and remembered that I had to give the laptop to Linda today. I collected any biz document for Linda to tidy up as she has a computer now. I created a communication system between us. It’s electronic for the first time :-) I had planned this over four years but only today I had it done. It’s simple actually.

So I feel much better. Theory doesn’t lie. No clutter, no burden. I smiled. There are so many things I’ve done so far. I’m glad to be able to say I’ve done my part. I like the feeling of having my part done. I don’t have anything to worry about and be afraid of. The rest of the world can do whatever they want in their part.

My next part today is visiting BA Museum with the Heritage team plus Mark, our guest curator from London. The Heritage invited him to view the Museum so he could contribute his opinion to our proposal for Museum retouch. There were four of us from the Heritage and a staff from the Museum who took us around with, I must say, his limited knowledge about what is in the display. Sometimes I felt like he agreed to my story version (my guess about a story behind an item). After a few times, I realized and decided to keep my mouth shut. And of course, my guess then he doesn’t know much about BA's character. He doesn't know BA personally and only belongs to the staff team of nine who all have about the same job descriptions: curator, restoration, archiving, documentation, and storing. Efficient eh?

I didn’t have much to share because, I admit, I hadn’t done any research about this famous painter. And I see, so does everyone. So when we had a discussion in the library, we talked about the ideal we had in mind about a great house-museum should be. We haven't known about the animal yet. I decided to end us being in the darkness. I browsed his biography in Indonesian and promised the others to make time line of BA’s life. So next time we meet, at least, we have a bit knowledge of his character then we can plan the next steps from this little torch. I will do my part.

Generally I’m happy with my day that I don’t rush going to Ubud but to do my part in Jakarta first.

Photo of “what I can do for you” billboard taken today.